2006 DF140 stall/idle and 3-2 code problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF140 stall/idle and 3-2 code problem

My DF140 has about 340 hours. About a month ago it started to stall occasionally when shifting into neutral -- only when warm after running for a while. About a week ago I started to get a 3-2 code [MAP sensor] intermittently. I could run for 30 minutes or more with no alarm, then anchor for at least an hour. When I restarted, got the 3-2 again. Symptoms got worse with stalling while shifting into neutral just about every time, plus motor won't start unless I advance throttle in neutral.

Tested MAP sensor and seems to be OK [voltages change and seem relatively same as manual indicates]. When I took off silencer to also look at IAC, noticed the intake water jacket "nipple" is broken off and both the hose side and waterjacket sides are plugged with salt. Plan to order new one -- but concerned because all schematics show nipple on bottom -- mine's on top; is this a problem? Plus could this be contributing to my idle and stalling problem?

Thanks,
    CudjoeDon

Have a look for Corrosion in engine holder that is leaking exhaust gasses into engine cover around the metal plugs in lower cover.

As this is a typical symptom

Comment

Yep, you were right -- it's the Suzuki design flaw of corrosion by the plug. Having the dealer check if it's covered under the extended warranty. Know it's a design flaw since the replacement engine holders don't have the plug and indented area. If not under warranty, it'll be $1000-$1500 for the job. Price also includes the intake water jacket cover that had the upper hose nipple break off.

Thanks again,
      CudjoeDon

Comment

how did you go with the warranty thinghy .........i think that maybe it is not covered i do,t know how bad this on your motor but people have had been able to cut the affected area out and tig weld in a new piece off aluminum or in some cases use JB weld and bog up the hole .

It seems on these low hour long time motors there is something else happening i believe that water cooling holes in the exhaust are becoming blocked then Engine exhaust is getting metal in holder to hot and oxidizing it away. so not really a galvanic problem at all ,

The reason i think this is because the high hour long time motors are NOT having the same problems as they are being used and the water ports do not get the corrosion and are not blocking up

this problem is also in the yammy 225 4 strokes all seem to be low hour but long time

Comment

Not covered, hoped, but didn't expect it would be. They won't cover "corrosion" damage unless a covered-part-breakage caused the corrosion. And no coverage for design flaws in any case. Part's are $800-$900, 4 hours labor, so $1200-$1500 for job. That assumes wire harness wasn't damaged [I don't think it was, but who knows].

Probably try the "JB Weld" fix first since I'm not sure if they can TIG weld it in place.

CudjoeDon

Comment

I would pull the leg and make check around exhaust for blocked water holes

Comment

I have a similar problem. When I have the boat in the water, I will get a 3-2 error, and it will run rough and eventually die. But, if I remove the cover, it immeadeatly recovered, run smooth, and the error message will stop. Put the cover back on, Same problem!! any suggestions?
              John

Comment

John start a new thread as some of dudes get a bit savage about it but it doesn,t worry me

i think that you are going to get a big 10-4 on that rubber ducky.

remove engine cowl and run on water problem should not occur .....remove bottom covers and have a look you will find exhaust gas leak some where in your leg filling cowl .

Comment

Mitch have you heard of any DF140's with that corrosion problem in australia, they have a five year warranty. I wonder if there making the later models out of better alloy

Comment

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.

Comment

Working...
                    X