Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT4 Carburettor

Hi!

Hoping you can help me, I've done a silly thing!

I've got a DT4 (1996 model) and it started to splutter and cough at low revs. So I treated it to a new plug, fresh fuel and strip and clean the carb. Unfortunately when I took the Carb bowl bolt out the little brass emulsion tube fell out with it - but I don't know which way up it goes to put it back in! It's obviously different as it has 4 rows of tiny holes at one end but I don't know if it's the top or bottom

If anyone can enlighten me I'd be really grateful!

Do you know where the tube goes specifically into the carb?

If the location of the tube's hole allows it to go deep enough for those tiny rows of holes to be exposed in the throat of carb, then those holes, I believe, would be up.

(it would help if you were to post a pic or two, of the tube's hole, and of the tube. It could help to answer your question.)

However, if the location of the tube's hole, or the size of the hole does not allow for those tiny rows of holes to be exposed in the main throat, or passage, then those tiny rows of holes are probably on the bottom.

I did look at the parts diagram for your carb, but didn't see anything that resembled this brass tube you're mentioning.

Your last option is to run with your best guess, and try it. If the motor does not run well, try the other way. If it does run ok, then leave it alone. You might have guessed right.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi again!

Problem solved! The brass emulsion tube isn't shown on the parts diagram, but fits right up the centre of the carb. It has 12 tiny holes drilled in one end, in rows of four holes that are 90' around from each other (If that makes sense?).

If you fit the tube in with the holes at the bottom the tube can fill with fuel from the float but it can't mix with the air passing through the carb. Withe the holes at the top the lowest four holes allow fuel into the tube which then allows it to pass out of the tube into the airflow through the carburettor.

I have tried it both ways and can confirm the holes go at the TOP otherwise it runs very badly!

Thanks to all that looked and hopefully this might help some one else out in the future.

Comment

Good to hear you got it fixed, thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
        X