2015 DF90A Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 DF90A Question

Just had a new SUZUKI DF90ATL1 installed on my boat. I noticed yesterday that 2 wires were not hooked up. Does anyone know what they are for? The single wire is white and the wires with connector are white/yellow and black.

Thanks
    Attached Files

loose wires

Chirc, congratulations on your purchase.
    if your motor is installed properly, and everything is working as it should, then those wires are probably extra wires for other options not used on your setup?

If those wires do bother you, because they are loose, show them to your dealer when you take it in for a checkup. If you purchased a service manual for your motor, the wiring diagram might show you what those wires connect to. Either way, i'm guessing they don't need to be connected.

Other options might be, additional gauges you don't have, or possibly, some wire connections for a twin motor setup.

However, if something is not working on your setup, it would be a good idea to go back to your dealer, and at the same time you point out your problem, ask them about those connections.

Good luck, happy boating.

Comment

Figured they may be for other options, was hoping someone knew before I took it in for the 20hr check. Will get with the service guy when I go in. Thanks

Also, has anyone noticed the disparity in service prices? I called all my local dealers and got a quote as low as $200 and as high as $560. All I want it minimum required motor and gear oil changed as well as a good visual. They all seem to go WAY beyond what is needed. Guess they have to make money somehow.

Comment

Yes, nearly always there are several unused connectors in the harness, to cater for various optional gauges and accessories. Nothing to be concerned about, unless, course, something isn't working properly.

Regarding servicing just make sure all the work required is done according to the checklist in the service handbook. Two items that are, for some reason, often overlooked, and shouldn't be, are:

1. Check the internal zincs and clean/replace if necessary. Ignore this service item at your peril, these zincs protect the engine from internal corrosion and are a very important service item.

2. The valve clearance check that if I recall correctly, is scheduled at the 200hr service. Very important that this is done. Again it's listed in the service handbook and it does require special tools if the shims need to be changed out (although some enterprising people have made up their own versions of the required tool).

Comment

If you don't have an analog trim gauge, I believe those are the wires (yellow-white, grey and black jog my memory). Installation instructions imply as well (attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X