? Moonlighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Moonlighter

I have everything connected on the nmea network. HDS10 recognizes engine. I went through the trim calibration on the screen but it doesn't work. It is on the dashboard but when I trim the gauge doesn't work Its a 2015 and according to your sticky it doesn't have to connected to the trim wires that it is done in the ecu. PLEASE HELP Thanks Bill

PS Maybe I should connect to trim wires under dash.? Right now the plug is used by the Troll Mode Switch, but I can splice

Also it shows trim on the HDS but stays at 100%
    Last edited by wilbur1; 12-22-2017, 06:22 PM.

Mmmmm...

I can’t offer much on this one.

I have been informed by my Suzuki contacts that the trim data comes via the main harness on all A series engines, so if yours is an A series engine then it should work.

If it isnt an A series engine, then the trim wires will need to be connected to the interface.

Comment

What does Troll Mode Switch, have to do with Trim Position?

Just asking. Cause I don't know.

Comment

The engine is a 2015 115atlss. The trim must go through the ecu.That is how you set the upper trim as to not bang the engine cover on the transom. Its a series of functions by moving the throttle and pulling kill switch. It was all described in the manual. The boat doesn't have a trim gauge but there should be a plug under the dash. I hope. Thanks if you think of anything else let me know.

Comment

I just thought of something. If the newer engines has the trim going through the ecu,why do they bother putting the plug on the interface cable with 350 software.? I would think they would only put it on older software versions.

Comment

Upon further inspection I found that if I move the trim sensor on the engine up about 3/8" off the cam the gauge on the HDS does move. So I guess it is working. I went through the calibration process on the HDS but it still doesn't work unless I raise the sensor way up above the cam. Any Ideas or thoughts.? The gauge stays at 100%

Comment

Could this be my problem.? http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...f140-tilt-lock Post 5 and down

Comment

Got it working. I had the trim sensor off and apart and couldn't see anything wrong. I put back together and decided I would set the lower trim on the engine to keep from bottoming out the trim piston. After that I turned on the HDS and Bingo I had Trim working in the gauge. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Well done. Sometimes it just takes one small thing.....

Comment

Working...
                  X