C 10, Why not available in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C 10, Why not available in Canada?

Ok, multiple questions really. My Boat has a Fuel Gauge and a spot for 1, 4" Gauge. So when it was rigged, I only asked for a Tach, I can get speed from the GPS, Trim is a feeling for me, (my last one hadn't worked for the last 10 years).

So the Dealer rigged it with a White Faced Tach, (the only white thing on the boat except for the stern light) and it doesn't have the Troll Mode digits on the dial.

So, I can live with it, but I doubt I will. I can buy a Black Faced Tach with Troll Mode. Part #: 34200-93J40, but still won't have a separate Speedo, or Drill a hole for an additional gauge. A C 10 would do both but pricey and not available on Suzuki Canada site.

Needs, Tach, Troll Mode RPM, Warning Lights,

Wants, Hour Meter (Readable), Speedo, Dimmable, Odometer.

Nice extras I would like, Trim, Fuel Flow, Volts.

If this is a recent/new engine installation, did they not offer you the Suzuki OEM digital gauge that is available everywhere else except the USA? This gauge only works with 2015 and newer motors, I believe.

That will do everything you ask for, and more!

Link below is the one I am talking about:

https://suzukimarine.com.au/parts-an...unction-gauge/

Comment

http://store.suzukimarine.com/p/suzuki-color-display

USA Suzuki wabsite. I'd be suprised if not available in Canada, just not on the Canadian website. I'll bet a Canadian dealer can get you one.

Comment

The Dealer was having issues pricing a C 10, It is a 2017 I haggled a SS Prop upgrade, Troll Mode and asked for the Digital Gauge (not expecting all but Exchange rate changed from time of order to time of delivery on the Boat and Trailer a couple grand in his favour). Canada's website https://www.suzuki.ca/en/find-accessories

Mind you the Dealer also installed the White Faced, Non Troll Mode Tach.

I do live on the US Border, with a PO Box in the US, so I thought I would just het one from that side of the Ditch.

Comment

Dont forget a C-10 will also require a Engine interface cable and a NMEA2000 network, it wont work otherwise.

Have you asked about the gauge that i mentioned instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
            Dont forget a C-10 will also require a Engine interface cable and a NMEA2000 network, it wont work otherwise.

Have you asked about the gauge that i mentioned instead?
            I kind of thought that that was the C 10, that I have seen available in the US. At a $1000 CDN with cables, I would still just drill another hole for a speedo, sell my white tach and buy a Troll Mode Blk Tach, for $300-??? for the white tach.

Comment

Ok there is confusion raging here!

D’oh, the gauge that I linked in my first reply IS NOT THE C-10 gauge that is sold in the USA!!!

If you notice, the gauge in the link to the Aussie Suzuki website has rounded off corners. It is a Suzuki in-house designed gauge and it is now the standard digital gauge supplied as an option in all countries EXCEPT the USA.

This new gauge (well, not so new as its been available now for over 2 years) no longer uses a engine interface cable - you could say that the functions of the interface cable are now done by the new gauge itself. It plugs directly into the wiring harness behind the dash, and the other end of the harness under the cowl is connected to the SDS port on the engine.

It also has a NMEA2000 connector on the back so it can connect to a network, and share data and receive data eg GPS data for speed and fuel economy calculations.

I understand that if you use this gauge, you cannot keep analogue gauges running at the same time. Note: this gauge operates quite differently to the C-10and indeed quite differently to the old SMIS gauge.

In the USA, Suzuki America for some reason chose to go with the C-10 gauge. You will see that it has sharp corners, unlike the “rest of the world” model I mentioned earlier. The C-10 is actually a Simrad IS-35 gauge with a Suzuki badge on the front, and slightly different software. See this link: http://www.internationalmarineservic...-00c10-mfd.htm

The C-10 still uses the engine interface cable and requires a N2K network to work.

The 2 gauges are therefore TOTALLY different!!!
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-23-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Would you have a part # Moonlighter? All that seems to pop up is the C 10, Might be why my Dealer had troubles.

Comment

The part number that I have is from when they were first released, and it may have changed slightly as I do believe that an updated version came out. But it will get you close, I think.

34200-96L00

there were originally 2 versions released, one had full NMEA2000 input and output, the other had limited NMEA, I think only GPS speed input.

Comment

Not finding it in Canada, or the US websites.

Comment

The Suzuki Canada website looks well out of date. They still list the old SMIS guages as the only digital gauges. Which I dont think are even supported for motors from 2016 and newer!

Send your dealer the link that I posted to the Suzuki Australia website. That will give them a starting point to talk to Suzuki Canada. Those gauges were released here in October 2015, I assume they would habpve been released worldwide at about the same time.

As I said, the new “rest of the world” digital guages are NOT available in the USA so no surprise at all that you wont fnd them listed on any US Suzuki dealers website.... only the C-10 gauges are available in the USA, and they arent sold in any other countries.

Comment

Working...
                      X