No announcement yet.

Motor Support While Trailering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a M-Y Wedge. It works great on my DF175. One thing to be aware of is that you need to use this on the STARBOARD side of the motor. Using it on the port side will break off the grease zerk that is used to grease the motor pivot. You've probably guessed how I know this happens. The broken zerk may or may not be easily removed, mine was easy. The zerk is hidden in the crevice of the casting so it's not obvious that it's there.
    Bill

Comment

Just did a Suzuki repower. Went from Merc 150 to Suzuki 200, runs great.

Used a block of wood on the Merc for years to support for trailering.

Tried it on the Suzuki, motor lowered onto the block, wasn't touching any swithes or cams or tilt cylinders...........then, motor would not tilt back up.

I released the pressure using the release valve (backed out 2 turns with screwdriver like manual says), raised motor, reset valve.

Then trim worked normally. Any ideas as to what happened? Nothing in manual about that issue.

Dealer said I don't need a block or support for trailering, but I always have, and manual says to. Makes no sense having the pressure on the trim cylinder.

Comment

I am having the same issue 777guy described. 200hp Suzuki engine won’t lift when I put a Moto-stop transom saver on it. Works fine otherwise but as soon as the motor sits on the transom saver it will keep trying to lower but will not lift. Did you solve the problem?

Comment

Nope, never tried it again, and dealer had no answer. Was hoping someone knew here.

Comment

Figured it out. You need to manually rotate the tilt limit switch / sensor down and then motor will lift like normal.

Comment

SimonB,thanks, I'll try that.

But, that's an odd work-around.

I emailed Suzuki. They left me a msg that this shouldn't happen and they want me to take the motor to a Suzuki shop. I asked the Suzuki shop that did my repower and they said they didn't know why it was doing this.

Odd only a couple of us have mentioned this problem.

Comment

Working...
              X