P tube for late model 2.5 hp Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P tube for late model 2.5 hp Suzuki

Water isnt coming out the high speed nozzle above the 2 breather holes. I want to clear it but I can’t find any tube that is connected to the nozzle. If there is no tube how does the water get to the nozzle?

It's a little difficult to look up "late model 2.5 motor", to see what parts you have?

a little more info on motor and what happened prior to your problem. Usually no pee stream means the impeller is bad, or pee tube is blocked up?

post back when able. Good luck.

Comment

It’s a 2013 model. It’s not a water pump problem since I finally a strong stream out of tell tail nozzle by blowing it out with compressed air. If I can find the p tube I would like to also blow it out through both it’s ends. I may have no choice but to take the power head off to find it but I would like to know if that is necessary. No such tube is mentioned in the service manual for this engine.

Comment

If you now have a strong flow from the telltale, you would be best just to leave it alone. No need to do anything more.

Next time you go for a run it will flush out any further grit by itself in all likelihood.

It is a very good idea to drop the leg and change the water pump and change gearbox oil every 12months or so. If for no other reason than if you leave it too long, the bolts holding the leg on will seize up and you will do damage getting it off or break bolts off, then you have a BIG problem to fix. Preventative maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
          If you now have a strong flow from the telltale, you would be best just to leave it alone. No need to do anything more.

Next time you go for a run it will flush out any further grit by itself in all likelihood.

It is a very good idea to drop the leg and change the water pump and change gearbox oil every 12months or so. If for no other reason than if you leave it too long, the bolts holding the leg on will seize up and you will do damage getting it off or break bolts off, then you have a BIG problem to fix. Preventative maintenance.
          Seems like flushing it in a barrel of vinegar solution would be a help, too.

Speaking of bolts seizing, is the use of anti-sieze a good practice for bolts that will (or could) be removed periodically? Exposure to water, esp salt water, seems like anti-sieze would make sense.

Last edited by TxAg66; 01-31-2018, 12:53 PM.
          ---
          John

Comment

Hi John. Using an anti-sieze compound is definitely a good idea. I personally use something a litle different than your usual anti-sieze goop. It's callled Tef-Gel. http://www.tefgel.com/contain.php?param=tefgel_infor
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
            X