New DF115A and new subscriber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DF115A and new subscriber

Hello Everyone. I just bought my first new boat with a new DF115A and am a new member to this forum. I have several hours breaking in the new engine. I decided that I would try to do a hole shot and to get on plane quick and throttle back. I can't get the engine to go past 4200 RPM. Any thoughts. I am trying to arrange an authorized dealer service but it has been difficult to get an appointment in the Houston area. Thanks.

Gee, with so little info, it could be anything.......

I would simply take it back to the dealer it was bought from and get them to fix it.

Could be as simple as throttle cables not set right so not getting full throttle. Could be wrong prop. Could be fuel restriction.

It is under warranty so let them deal with it.

Comment

Approach the dealer for a copy of the Setup Manual. Do some reading/familiarize yourself with the new engine..You might be able to figure it out yourself. To expand on Moonlighter’s post, Check throttle linkage vs.set up manual, look for a kink in the fuel line, research props with your boat/motor combination. I’ve seen some messy installations, myself included.

Comment

Let us know what the boat is and what size prop is on the motor. Also need to know how fast it's running at full throttle as well.. Otherwise the only answer to your question is simply it is either not working right or is not set up right.. Your target for that motor by the way is close to 6000

Comment

Working...
        X