Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Suggestions:

- check all plugs to make sure they are firmly connected, and that wires are not damaged or pins out of place.
    - Try to load the software again.

Dont forget that the engine key must be turned on for the EIC to be visible on the network.

Good luck.
    Nothing changed, but I will have to take everything apart right to the outboard and investigate. I'm going to try to "update" again, but I am skeptical as the EIC is not even listed on the NMEA device list currently. And, yeah, I get that the EIC is powered from the outboard, unlike most other NMEA stuff which derives power from the backbone. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      This is the only update file I have for a LMF200. should work, though.

Dropbox link:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jsbppvydi..._v220.luf?dl=0
      Awesome! Thanks Grant. You're the man. I'll see if I can update them tonight.

Comment

Also, i forgot to mention- put the battery on chrage when ypu are doing the updates.

Sometimes if there is not really good voltage, the software updates dont load properly.

Comment

Well, you never know if you don't try. I popped the EIC v2.5.0 update back on a SIMM card and hit "UPGRADE". Nothing happened for close to ten seconds, and I thought "Duh. The EIC isn't even showing up on the network." But then, lo and behold, some odd device started updating...and not the one I showed in post 8...

IMG_0566.JPG

So I had previously used the LMF-200 update you gave me Grant (worked like a charm), renamed some stuff on the network (I'm still waiting on the second/new LMF-400 to show up), and got this...

IMG_0567.JPG

***! $%^&'s actually starting to come together. Went to the console to look at the gauges, and finally found out why the boat was squawking at me last Fall on the last trip out...

IMG_0568.JPG

I'm super happy that the warning only shows up on the LMF-400. So one final check for something I haven't seen in almost a decade...

IMG_0570.JPG

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I teared up a little bit. lol. I'm off on business tomorrow through the weekend. Hopefully when I get back it all still works. Thanks so much for your help Grant. It's never been working this well. Couldn't have made it this far without your help.
          Last edited by Albertan; 03-07-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Well, you never know if you don't try. I popped the EIC v2.5.0 update back on a SIMM card and hit "UPGRADE". Nothing happened for close to ten seconds, and I thought "Duh. The EIC isn't even showing up on the network." But then, lo and behold, some odd device started updating...and not the one I showed in post 8...

IMG_0566.JPG

So I had previously used the LMF-200 update you gave me Grant (worked like a charm), renamed some stuff on the network (I'm still waiting on the second/new LMF-400 to show up), and got this...

IMG_0567.JPG

Things are actually starting to come together. Went to the console to look at the gauges, and finally found out why the boat was squawking at me last Fall on the last trip out...

IMG_0568.JPG

I'm super happy that the warning only shows up on the LMF-400. So one final check for something I haven't seen in almost a decade...

IMG_0570.JPG

I'm pretty sure I teared up a little bit. lol. I'm off on business tomorrow through the weekend. Hopefully when I get back it all still works. Thanks so much for Iyour help Grant. It's never been working this well. Couldn't have made it this far without your help. ​

Comment

Woooohoooo! Looking good!

If you can start the engine up on muffs or in a drum of water, check the fuel flow. If it looks normal after warming up for a minute or two, you will be good to go!

You might need to calibrate fuel data but see how you go. Best and easiest to do the calibration on the HDS, much simpler than on the SMIS.

Glad we could help!

Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-07-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Nice!! Always a good feeling when it works as designed
                Regards, Martin
                DF200 2007

Comment

Some interesting news:

Just been told of a Suzuki DF250 twins owner 2007 year with V 2.30 interfaces and has run 2 x C-10’s for past 2 years and is generally happy with how they are working.

The only reported issue he mentioned is that one of his engines is showing correct engine hours, the other engine is showing number of hours since the C-10 was installed, which is a bit weird to say the least.

He recently installed a Simrad NSS evo2 display and as soon as he comnected it to the network, the Suzuki icon popped onto his Simrad screen and he now gets the Suzuki dashboard.

Ive asked him what version software his C-10’s are running, and whether fuel flow and fuel used data is reporting correctly on the C-10’s. Hopefully he will confirm that and I expect he will, as he didnt mention any other issues than the engine hrs problem.

So there you go - it seems C-10’s can work on older engines with earlier interface software! I certainly would guarantee it though, would want to see more successful installs.

Comment

I've read some old threads online where others have got the C-10 to work with older outboards, albeit usually with some odd glitches. I may try it sometime, but for now I'm really happy with where things are at. I started with two LMF-200s working and no functional EIC...

Starting Gauges.JPG

I pulled the old SMIS gauge out of the garbage and tried to update it again on a hunch (didn't work the first time), and it actually updated. So now I have four LMF gauges showing so much info I won't have to waste any space on my MFDs to display engine data.

Ending Gauges.JPG

The LMF-200 gauge is now out of production, so eventually I'll have to do something different. But for now, I have my perfect set up.

Comment

Looking great!

Good work on reviving the old LMF too. Nice save!

i heard back from the other guy running the C-10’s on the older motor. Everything data wise is perfect on the C-10’s except the engine hrs issue. He tried taking the C-10’s off and checking emgine hrs on his Simrad NSS display and they were same as on the C-10. Which suggests that they are reporting the hrs as per the ecu. As a final check he is going to get to a Suzuki dealer sometime in the future and get them to hook up SDS and check engine hrs to see what it says. The dealer can also probably crosscheck with Suzuki based on the engine serial number to see if its running the original ecu. We will see.......

But the doubt is that he bought the boat second hand and fitted the C-10’s before he used it, so there is a possibility that the PO had to replace the engine ecu before selling the boat - and the new ecu would start at zero hrs. He is speculating that somehow the C-10 reset the ecu hours to zero, but I am pretty skeptical that that is possible. More likley is a software issue with the interface cable.
                      Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-13-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

If anyone knows where I can get a LMF-200 (preferably new), please let me know. I'd like to have a spare and the left one I have has somewhat dimmed lighting compared to the others. They seem to be super rare already.

Comment

Originally posted by Albertan View Post
                          If anyone knows where I can get a LMF-200 (preferably new), please let me know. I'd like to have a spare and the left one I have has somewhat dimmed lighting compared to the others. They seem to be super rare already.
                          Still listed on Brownspoint’s page...

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...e-35p64719.htm

Comment

Hi Grant. I'm back for more help...

In one of the old posts in this thread, you posted this in response to my trim reading not working on my EIC:

-----------------------------------

Probably the trim connector plug on the interface cable was never connected or calibrated. The engine end of the interface cable has 2 plugs - both are white, one is a 4 pin plug (for the engine data) and the other is a 2 pin plug for trim.

If you have a analogue trim gauge, the engine’s trim plug will be connected to the harness under the cowl. If you want trim on the SMIS gauge or HDS, you have to disconnect the plug from the engine harness and connect it to the 2 pin plug on the interface cable. The engine’s trim plug can be a mongrel to find. It is usually tucked down the front of the engine below the cowl line, near the latch. Good luck finding it!! (PS you can have either analogue or digital trim, not both).

-----------------------------------

I'm redoing some rigging and had to determine what some loose wires were going into the outboard. It turned out it was three wires tied in to the trim switch on the port side of the outboard. I've included a picture below. Is this the typical way to tie in the SPC at the helm? Seems kinda shoddy to me.

Also, I'm not seeing anything that looks like the plugs I need for the EIC...either the 4 pin plug or the 2 pin trim plug. It seems like everything is "hard wired" into the harness, run to the console, and then the EIC just plugs in there, minus the trim plug. I'll go shoot some pics of the starboard side in case you can see something I am missing. Thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

More pictures from the starboard and bow.
                              Attached Files

Comment

It looks like they have tried to connect trim by jumping those wires from the trim switch and running them to the dash .... but who really knows what they were doing!

On later engines harnesses there is the option to connect the SDS plug on the engine to the main harness and that allows the EIC to connect to the harness up behind the dash. Maybe they have done it that way and been lucky if it worked, or possibly they used a later model harness - its hard to guess on those older installs as to what someone has done. But if it works, leave it alone!

the 2 pin plug in your pic does look like the trim connector.

Do you have an analoge trim gauge! If so does it work? Iwth nothing connected to that 2 pin plug, it shouldnt work. But maybe that dodgy looking wiring from the trim switch has something to do with that? Hard to say.

You could try making up a a long cable to connect that plug to the trim connector on the interface cable if you wanted to try to get trim data onto the network.

The plugs can be purchased from:

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/E...-HM/sm-hm.html

thats where I have bought them in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X