2008 DF140 4-2 code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 DF140 4-2 code

Can’t figure this out, my engine started throwing the 4-2 code but would still crank so I didn’t suspect the NSS of being the problem. So I went ahead and ordered the CKP sensor and replaced it. Still getting the code. The engine still cranks but the fuel pump and ignition coils are dead so no spark. Anyone got any ideas?

looks like an voltage issue . first check al the fuse's and the fuse holder. a few times i had problems with the suzuki fuse holders. one time a clamp was pushed down zo the fuse did not make contact . one time a clamp was melted. also check the bonders . there are several of them and i also had some wire's broken just outside
    the bonder. bonder.JPG

Comment

and i also heard of an neutral switch or shift position switch which produces an code 4-2. that should be code 3-3 but after replacing the neutral switch al was ok again. and don't forget to check the steel plug for the O2 sensor for leakage
      Last edited by pniksnut; 02-24-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I checked continuity across all fuses all good there. Also checked the voltage through everything all getting 12.6v. I also checked the shift position sensor it was all good. The only thing I need to check is the kill switch but I don’t know why that would throw a code but the symptoms lead me to believe that would be the problem with it still allowing the engine to crank but no fuel pump or coil packs from firing.

Comment

Check the crank sensor output at the ecu, the engine has to crank over to produce a crank signal, and if the ecu does not receive 34 trigger signals in one rotation it will log a code. In my 2008 wiring schematic it shows a 24. pin wiring plug with seven b/w wires (grounds) in one block coming from various sensors and one going to the ecu I would start there. When ever a code comes up never take for granted the sensor is faulty all ways check at the ecu. Even if the crank sensor is crook you should still hear the fuel pump come on for three seconds and go off when you first Turn the key on, and with a test light or multimeter you should have battery voltage on both sides of your injector wires and coils, If the ecu does not receive a crank signal it wont keep the ground on the fuel pump and wont ground the coils or injectors.

With a faulty neutral switch you should not be able to crank the engine over, and if you jump the starter it still wont start because if the ecu does not receive a crank signal it will not put a ground on the injectors. If the switch fails when the engine is running it won't rev past 3000rpm.

Comment

How do I check the output from the sensor? Maybe a test light? Also I don’t know why I’m not getting the fuel pump and coils to cut on that has also stumped me. The only thing I can think of was the kill switch. I will have to check it next weekend I didn’t have a chance the weekend.

Comment

just keep in mind that all actuators like the fuel pump are controled by the ecm through the ground. so you als could have a ground issue

Comment

Originally posted by TurnerOver View Post
                How do I check the output from the sensor? Maybe a test light? Also I don’t know why I’m not getting the fuel pump and coils to cut on that has also stumped me. The only thing I can think of was the kill switch. I will have to check it next weekend I didn’t have a chance the weekend.
                '''''''''''No you cant test the sensor with a test light, it uses magnetic induction.

Comment

Do you guys know where i can find a wiring diagram for the engine?

Comment

complete workshop manual can i mail it to you . to big to post but here's the wireing diagram
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pniksnut; 02-26-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

OP, did you ever get your issue worked out? I am having similar issues and in the process of tracing issues. How easy was the CKP sensor to replace?

Thanks all,
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X