Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki interface cable DF40A 2016

Hi guys
    I need some help please I Recently purchased a Suzuki interface cable from the States part number 990C0-88149 for Outboard engines 2013 or Later .My is 2016 DF40A Tiller steer To connect my Lowrance HDS7 Carbon I have now been told the Plug on the engine doesn’t match the cable I bought and might be useless Is there a Suzuki Sims Adapter to fit my model if yes please the part number thanks Hosko

Yes, you have to use the SDS adapter cable. Part number is 990C0-88136.

You can get them here in Australia too from Suzuki dealers, may be a different part number but ask and they will tell you.

Or, you can make one up yourself - see the article attached to the sticky thread on Suzuki networks on this forum. Not difficult.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply does my marine mechanic have to program the set up if yes is it time consuming which means more Money??
      Thanks Heaps Hosko64

Comment

You can configure it yourself using your HDS. Once it is all connected up. Easy. Takes 2 minutes.

Please read the article on the sticky thread referenced previously. It tells you how.

Comment

This is what Suzuki replied with Hi Glenn, unfortunately as the cable you purchased was from the US and not a AUS recognised part, our spare parts team is unable to provide any technical advice. However, please feel free to get in touch with your local dealer who can provide you with some advice and order you the correct cable, should you be interested. Kind regards, Suzuki Marine

Comment

Hi again Glenn

There wasnt much point talking to Suzuki Aus, hey! They get narky about people importing cables cheaper than what they sell them for here.

Just ask your local Suzuki dealer for a “SDS adapter cable to suit 2016 year tiller steer”. They will supply the right cable, there is nothing special or different with the US cables. If you cant get sense out of them, then contact my local dealer Bayside Suzuki Marine In Cleveland Qld, they will sort you out.

Or, as I previously said, read the article I referred ro you previously and you can make the cable up yourself following the instructions in the paper.

the article also tells you how to set it all up using your HDS. Do yourself a favour and read it!

Edit : I have made it really easy for you - here is a direct link to the paper detailing all this on my dropbox folder:
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo6nfc7oby...02016.pdf?dl=0
            Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-10-2018, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Ok thanks so much for your help that is very good of you I am a bit disappointed with Suzuki all I was trying to do was save some money as a service is very expensive
              thanks heaps Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Hosko64 View Post
                Ok thanks so much for your help that is very good of you I am a bit disappointed with Suzuki all I was trying to do was save some money as a service is very expensive
                thanks heaps Glenn
                BOAT- Break Out Another Thousand

Comment

Working...
                X