300 four stroke suzuki making oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamBuyskes2015 View Post
    Moon lighter one more concern from my boss.

Quote..
    Tell them I'm concerned that by running with mixed oil the crank shaft isn't lubricated properly and bearings can be damaged after 4 oil changes in 25 hours or thereabouts
    It is obviously not good to have oil diluted with fuel as it will compromise lubrication.

Thats why it needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by aquamort View Post
      ***! I would have to assume your quote is referring to me saying that i wouldnt run the engine too much in the condition its in due to bore wash? As i dont see any other post making any similar reference. Where did i say if it would get past the rings it would cause the making oil??

1/ If there is already fuel in oil you wont want to run your engine!
      2/ If your engine is running very rich you will get bore wash!
      actually it was not directed at your post, It was a figure of speech. There are only two places raw fuel can get into the engine holder, on a df140 through the vst and low pressure fuel pump, on a 300 through the vst. what probably happens when the engine is not used for a few months the fuel dry's up in the vst and varnish develops on the needle and seat and the float won't hold it's level, Then gradually fills the vst and instead of the vapour line sucking fumes it sucks fuel

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        It is obviously not good to have oil diluted with fuel as it will compromise lubrication.

Thats why it needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP.
        Thank you moon lighter for all the advise greatly appreciated. If we reach a verdict I will be sure to post it, but I think we are at the point if just telling them to give us 2 new engines.
        Last edited by AdamBuyskes2015; 12-17-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
          actually it was not directed at your post, It was a figure of speech. There are only two places raw fuel can get into the engine holder, on a df140 through the vst and low pressure fuel pump, on a 300 through the vst. what probably happens when the engine is not used for a few months the fuel dry's up in the vst and varnish develops on the needle and seat and the float won't hold it's level, Then gradually fills the vst and instead of the vapour line sucking fumes it sucks fuel

Thanks for your input. These engines have not stood for more than a week. They are brand new. Been tested for different reasons almost everyday.

Comment

Aquamort thanks for your input as well.

Comment

One thing seems strange, fuel is entering the engine holder supposedly passed the rings and the engine is running rich raising the oil level in the sump. Why isn't there any 02 codes flashing on the screen. If this was the case the ecu would see the signal voltage high on the o2 sensors and would be looking at the short and long term fuel trims, it would be changing the pulse width on the injectors to lean the fuel. Never in forty years of engine rebuilding did someone come in to my shop and say, my engine has not run in yet the level in the sump is rising, but a lot said I am using a little bit of oil in 5000klm.

Comment

Red, in one of the earlier posts he mentioned an engine "software" update. you will have seen my response where I talked to my local Zuke guy who basically said, no such thing.

Do you concur with that info? No engine SW updates for those motors?

Also, regarding engines "making oil", google Mazda CX5 diesels in that regard, around 2010-11 when they were first introduced. I can speak from experience and say it was a definite problem with these cars that was only solved by Mazda with a software change and a new dipstick, and everything I've seen says that it was to do with the ECU injecting extra fuel into the cylinders during the regen cycle. Granted, this was a diesel engine but fuel was reported to be getting past the rings into the sump, in brand new cars. It was worse on cars that only did short city trips.

Also the OP is in the Caribbean, not sure what fuel quality is like in some of those places. Could poor quality fuel have caused a restriction/blockage in the VST and .....

Comment

Moonlighter, the problem with the mazda cxs5 has absolutely nothing to do with this problem. The pcm was injecting fuel on the exhaust stroke to increase the temperature on the particulate filter, and of course raw fuel will get passed the rings. Up until the last couple of years all the df series engines ran in open loop, meaning the pcm cannot control the air fuel ratio to 14.7 to 1. These new engines with an o2 sensor run in closed loop meaning the pcm can control the air fuel ratio, feed back control. This has nothing to do with software updates, although there is definitely a software problem somewhere. If you can remember four years ago when ever there was a post on fuel in sump the guru's would say engine was not run in. I said it was impossible for an engine that was running fine on all cylinders that raw fuel could get passed the rings and raise the level in the sump. I said the only place on a df140 fuel was getting into the sump was the low pressure pump on the cam cover or the vst. Even an engine with no thermostat and running cool would not pass enough soot, and remember it will be soot before raw fuel then the cylinder would not be firing.

Comment

Working...
                  X