Crawl Home Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawl Home Mode

Hi, I am writing hoping someone can help me.
    I have a 1996 DT85 hp 2 stroke suzuki.Recently serviced & runs well.
    But flushing it out one day the water flow was blocked a bit & during the idling the overheat beep bwarning came on so I stopped the motor.
    2 weeks later after unblocking the water flow with fishing line I had heaps of flow and motor flushed well on idle.
    However when I launched boat and went to accelerate the motor stayed in crawl home mode & wouldnt get up & go.There is a red reset button on the motor that must be pushed while motor is running however the manual says this is for low oil only & anyway it doesnt work for this issue.
    Ive been out twice now where Iv had to do a U-turn & come back & was hoping someone alot more knowlegable than me could help me with this problem as the hot summer is startig to pass me by & the boat is in the garage. Signed Helpless Andy

Andy, not sure what you mean by, "blocked flow cleared with fishing line", but if temp alarm went off, I might think sensors, thermostat, or water pump problems?

Also, how long did it run when overheating? Low tell tale and temp warning generally means water pump problems? If you didn't repair the problem, maybe it's still there?

Post back when able.

Comment

Working...
    X