Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 300 "Port Engine Shift Position Disagreement"

2X 300 Suzukis with ONLY 13 hours
    Coming back home port engine shuts down with the following error.
    "Port Engine Shift Position Disagreement"

Is this common? We like to make long trips to the islands which is why we repowered and now my confidence in these motors is dwindling.

Never heard of it before. Never seen any similar reports on any other forum, either.

Suggest it may be a shift position sensor issue? In any case, the motors are still under warranty, so straight back to the dealer to have it fixed! It will most likely show up on the engine diagnostic system and be solved quickly.

Comment

keeps getting better

Attempted to get to the marina (closest suzuki repair).
      Both engines started and i'm on my way until the port engine dies (no error this time) and then the starboard engine dies (no error as well and first time) a minute later. They will both startup now and run for ~30 seconds.

During the repower all 3 batteries were tested, and one was replaced. The other two are new as of Feb. 2014. I have an onboard charger that I keep plugged in when not in use. While running voltages are 14+, when not running 12.6.

useless brand new engines back at the dock.
      Last edited by sea3peeo; 01-03-2016, 06:49 PM. Reason: added voltage info

Comment

Originally posted by sea3peeo View Post
        Attempted to get to the marina (closest suzuki repair).
        Both engines started and i'm on my way until the port engine dies (no error this time) and then the starboard engine dies (no error as well and first time) a minute later. They will both startup now and run for ~30 seconds.

During the repower all 3 batteries were tested, and one was replaced. The other two are new as of Feb. 2014. I have an onboard charger that I keep plugged in when not in use. While running voltages are 14+, when not running 12.6.

useless brand new engines back at the dock.
        There is nothing wrong with the engines just a glitch in the electronics, it sounds like the pcm cant read the change in voltage on the wiper in the binnacle. Because there is no throttle cable the pcm doesn't know how far to open the throttle it will go into limp home strategy.

Comment

Working...
        X