Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF70 2008 Non Start.

Hi all,
    If some of you experts can put me straight on a question I was asked and could not answer.
    Is there a single component on above engine that would make spark to plugs fail...And at the same time cut off fuel supply...My friend said he checked his engine for non start and said no spark at plugs.And when turning over no sign of fuel coming from outlet of pump..Full tank clean fuel..Thanks.

Has he checked the “dead man” (kill) switch on the throttle box - the one that has the small clip on it that is also used ro reset the oil change reminder.

If the clip is not on, or the switch is faulty, the engine will crank but no fuel or spark. Thats the first place to look.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-28-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for reply..Thats the first thing he checked he said.I am an Auto technician and will be looking at it during the week..I was just looking for a few pointers before I went..

Comment

As per my manual (2009 DF90) Without the CKP and CMP sensor input to the ECM it will not send an output signal to the injectors or the ignition.

Comment

If it was a sensor then more than likely it would be throwing codes. You didnt mention if there were any lights blinking or beep codes, so if there are none, then pulling the throttle binnacle apart to check that kill switch would be where I would be looking first.

Comment

Thank you very much for answers..There is no warning codes coming on..The kill switch does make a lot of sense tho. If i did take it apart, would joining the wires cancel the kill switch? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X