Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to motor and tilt and trim

Hi,
    I am new to the group and appreciate all the help I can get. I hooked my battery up for the first time this year and it powers my other electronics on the boat but I have no power to the motor. I had the battery checked and I just bought it last year. I checked the fuses under the hood and also sanded down the battery connectors and terminals. When I put the key in and turn it to the on position I get a check battery light and also a beeping sound. The rpm jumps to 30 and then back to o. There is no power to the tilt and trim either. It is in neutral. any suggestions. thanks christine

The jumps to 30 on the tach means you have 300hrs on the motor. Aside from that it will help a great deal to know what HP and year we're talking about!

Comment

It is a 2009 90 HP. DF90. thanks

Comment

Read the “White Wire Power Failure” stickey above. Should help you out

Comment

what is the white wire power failure. I didn't see any attachment?? thanks chris

Comment

Originally posted by creino715q View Post
            what is the white wire power failure. I didn't see any attachment?? thanks chris
            Have a read of this

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...-power-failure

Most likely your problem lies in there.

First, when the battery was reconnected, check that the white wire was also reconnected - either to the batt + or the master switch +

Comment

Next question . does the white wire connector go on the positive or negative of the battery. I checked the fuses and they look good.

Comment

Originally posted by creino715q View Post
                Next question . does the white wire connector go on the positive or negative of the battery. I checked the fuses and they look good.
                See post #6, this question was already answered.

Also answered in the info on the sticky thread I linked. Do yourself a favour and have a good read of the info there.

Comment

Working...
                X