Error code 6-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code 6-3

I have a 2015 df115 and am getting a 6-3 error code. Pretty new engine. Seems to occur at after starting. I can shut off engine and it will go away. Have made a couple trips with no code then it occurs again. Cannot find the error in an older service manual.

It is a painful to pull boat off lift and get it to a service center to hook up to a computer if not nessacery,

Any ideas.

There was a non-urgent recall issued on the ECU's on the 2015 DF115/140 series engines to fix an issue with the way it handled the new water in fuel sensor. Have you had that attended to by your dealer? Should get it done and address this issue at the same time - could well be related.

Comment

Yep

Had the recall sensors put in a couple of months ago. Might this error code be related?

Comment

o2 sensor heater should be under warranty work

Comment

You would think that an error code would appear when you first turn the key on, it might be a low battery voltage warning when you are cranking the engine. If you have twin batteries try starting with both, if not connect up a multimeter and check the voltage drop, you would not want to see it go below ten volts when cranking the engine. I have no information on the code system on that engine.

Comment

No, only once engine has run for a bit. I will try both batteries though. Thanks . It is a twin engine set up.

Comment

6-3 code

So, no one seems to know the 6-3 code?

Comment

boashna answered you..

Comment

Originally posted by bezerk View Post
                  boashna answered you..
                  ....and boashna's answer was typically misleading. The O2 sensor malfunction code has typically been 3-6 on most engines, not 6-3. Also unless Tylerfoster is asking about a DF115A (which he did not indicate), his motor has no O2 sensor.
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

3-6 is o2 sensor 6-3 is o2 sensor heater. all 115 2013 and up are a's

Comment

Okay, thanks bezerk, I didn't realize that all the 115s were A since '13. And we found that 6-3 code and you are correct.

Tylerfoster, it would probably be a good idea to have that addressed by the dealer, since I assume you're still under warranty.
                      Mike
                      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerfoster View Post
                        No, only once engine has run for a bit. I will try both batteries though. Thanks . It is a twin engine set up.
                        I missunderstood you i thought you meant straight after starting the check engine light would come on.

Comment

My 2012 df115a is running the 3-6 code. Is this sensor easily accessible and/or replaceable? We had some health issues, and the engine sat and needed new batteries. They were 2013. It runs fine but throws the code otherwise.

I am more an auto guy, so I am learning my way around outboards.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Comment

Working...
                          X