Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine stalls during idling due to fuel starvation

Hi All,
    I notice my DF115A stalls after a few minutes idling.
    It won't restart unless I use the handpump to restore fuel supply, so fuel starvation appears the cause.
    Engine has run 4 hours so far...

Any idea what could be the matter ?

THANKS,
    V.
    DF115A - Jeanneau Merry Fisher 605

I would be first looking at restrictions in fuel supply to the engine.

And the first thing I would check is the anti-syphon valve on the fuel tank (US boats). They can be problematic and cause those sorts of issues at idle, because there is not enough fuel flow to keep them open if the valve is sticking. If you need more info on this please ask.

Also check the tank breather to make sure no restrictions, and fuel hoses to make sure no kinks and that they are in good condition.

Comment

Plugged tank vent would be the first place to look

Comment

so brand new motor with only 4 hours? If so surprised the dealer that installed didn't check or catch that when doing the install. But just as the other guys said, anti siphon etc, anything between the fuel tank and motor is suspect, fuel lines, bulb, 10 micron filter. Is hard to see visually also what this ethanol fuel does to the fuel lines. One boat I got in 2010 the manufacturer recommended changing fuel lines every 2 seasons? I couldn't believe when they told me that, but also had them put in the best ethanol/commercial rated fuel lines that could possibly be had once they told me that, good luck

Comment

I'll put this one on the list of things 'not okay' for the dealer as warranty matter.
          Alu prop 131/4x17 seems a bit small too: am hitting the rev limiter too easily.
          Dealer installed a 74Ah starter battery as well: shouldn't that be at least a 100Ah as the manual says...?

THANKS

Comment

Yes definitely put the starvation issue back to the dealer if this is a new boat/motor combo.

If its a new motor on an older boat (eg a repower) then its likely back on you to sort those fuel supply issues out.

I would also strongly recommend that you insist on a marine battery that meets the specs as per the owners manual - one thing that these modern efi Suzukis need is a good battery that meets spec. You can almost guarantee problems with a battery that is below spec. Dealer should be ashamed of themselves for installing such a battery.
            Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-11-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

It's this battery, website states it's for a camper/c*****n >>

https://www.groenenaccu.nl/574-80-74ah

...and it's the only one one board (brand new boat) : no house battery present.

Best of all: this is an official Jeanneau dealer, listed/recommended on J's website.

Comment

Is de dealer Dannijs?
                Regards, Martin
                DF200 2007

Comment

'k Noem liever geen namen.

Comment

I had the same problem Sat. Turned out to be a loose hose clamp on the front of the motor. I found it by pumping the bulb tight and seen it leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur1 View Post
                      I had the same problem Sat. Turned out to be a loose hose clamp on the front of the motor. I found it by pumping the bulb tight and seen it leaking.
                      Same with mine it seems: problem turned out to be a fuel hose that was too big. No more stalling so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X