Suzuki DF175TG Lean Burn Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF175TG Lean Burn Questions!

I am looking to repower my 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT with a Suzuki DF175TG. It appears the DF175TG model is the one with "Lean Burn". It's an $800 software upgrade according to the MSRP's. Here's the catch, I could be wrong, but it appears the Lean Burn model is only available with "Precision Control".
    A few questions!

1) How much are the "Precision control" controls for this motor? How does that price compare to traditional cables?

2) Anyone with real life experience with the Lean Burn model DF175TG?

3) Do I really need Precision Control? The dealer told me it's a pricey addition if I don't plan on adding a second station. (Which I don't)

Thanks,
    -Shawn
    wedocq@comcast.net

Admittedly difficult to find an answer in printed materials that are available on the US suzukimarine website, BUT........from what I can find, I think it comes solely with the precision controls. It appears that there is more information out there on British and other European Suzuki websites.
    Last edited by Harper; 02-19-2016, 07:40 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I mentioned in another post that my local Suzuki dealer told me that the TG designated DF150/175 series are the models that come with precision control and lean burn included.

At the moment if you want a 150/175 without precision control, you get the standard DF150 or 175 and it has neither precision control or lean burn.

At least, that is how it is here n Aussie.

Comment

Getting rid of df140?

Hey Shawn, haven't seen you post in a while. I would like to thank you for your info on the plug issues for the older df140's, corroding their engine holders.
        I changed to the auminum plug after reading your heads up post eons ago. I had to pull my power head this year and my engine holder was in perfect conditions. 500+ hours
        So, are you repowering your boat?

Briscoe

Comment

Yes, I am thinking about the 175. I want a little extra power when I load up heavy for tuna runs. Your welcome on the earlier posts! My "FrankenZuki" as I like to put it is still running strong after about 500 hours of use. I call it Frankenzuki because it was a df115 when I had the engine holder issue that basically sh*t canned the whole motor. I bought a used low hour DF140 powerhead, and then slowly found all the parts on Ebay that I needed to convert it over.
          -Shawn

Comment

Tuna??

Holy moly, we get tuna in a can. Up here (Galveston Bay) we are happy catching trout. I had idea you fished for tuna.
            Briscoe

Comment

Albacore tuna! In my little 21' Arima, 50 miles out in the Pacific. This is personal record, 50 tuna, two days, 2 guys fishing! They average about 25lbs a piece.
              -Shawn

Comment

If you got caught with that many albies in Australia. you would not be doing much fishing for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                  If you got caught with that many albies in Australia. you would not be doing much fishing for a couple of years.
                  We have a great albacore tuna fishery here in the Pacific NW! (Washington State, US) They follow the warm water currents from the south every Summer, and stick around from about July thru late October. We have to go about 40-50 miles offshore to reach them. There is very little regulation on them. As a sport fisherman, there is no limit nor gear regulations. We can use as many rods as we can comfortably fish! My boat is relatively small compared to most of the fleet. The most fish I have ever taken is 30 in one day. It's a lot of work! But so delicious!
                  -Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                    Same in France +30000€ penalty + boat confiscated + car consfiscated + fishing tackle confiscated

at the end , the fish Kg become very expensive !!!

What are you doing with so much fishes ? This is not fishing

Fishing must be a passion and a pleasure .

catch one or two for you for eating then keep fishing but "No Kill" , put back to water all the other

Comment

Working...
                    X