1988 DT30C alarm noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 DT30C alarm noise

I’ve tried looking it up on here but wasn’t able to find anything. I have a new to me 1988 DT30C motor with the NA12S ignition/throttle setup on a 1989 Fisher SV-16 DLX (bass boat). When I turn the ignition key one click, to the accessory mode, there’s a steady, loud tone. Once I start the motor, the tone continues and doesn’t shut off unless I manually kill the switch. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? When I started the motor, the lower unit was in a 55 gal barrel filled with water and the oil resivoir was topped off. The “pisser” seemed to be working well and the water coming out was luke warm. The motor seemed to run very well and quiet while I had it on but the alarm was very loud. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Check the sensors by the manual.
    Do you have a monitor guage attached with the electrical for the motor, the monitor guage is also the oil reservoir guage. If you have the monitor guage are any of the lights flashing a sequence?

Post back

Comment

I was able to figure it out through process of elimination. Ended up being the cylinder temp sensor. Apparently for the year of the motor they discontinued making them so it’s looking like my only option is to constantly monitor the tell-tale and cylinder heads by feel... not a huge deal. Thanks for the help! Good call on it being a sensor!

Comment

Working...
      X