Iac valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iac valve

I have a 2013, 115 Suzuki outboard, I installed a new IAC Valve and when I run the engine and turn the Ignition key 5 times it supposed to sound the alarm to tell me I am resetting my IAC valve?
    I can adjust the idle up and down and boat runs fine but it seems to go back to a lower idle setting and won't start with out using the throttle.
    I Get no alarm sound at all.
    My alarm works because I get it when I start the engine so it's not that?
    Is there a way to rest the computer to factory settings???
    I am in Muluge and not close to a dealer, trailer is pretty beat up, won't drive it more then a couple of miles!!!!!!

thanks for any help, John
    I

do you have the manual?
    to set IAC valve correctly
    engine running
    shift to neutral and close the throttle fully
    sends a full close signal to ECM
    key from on to start 5 times in 10 seconds
    you should now get the caution buzzer
    .5 seconds at 3 second intervals
    the fixed mode will last 5 minutes after which it automatically cancels

you have 5 minutes to set the rpm to 650 +\-50 RPM

when finished opening the throttle will cancel the fixed mode
    shifting to forward or reverse or raising engine speed cancels fixed mode

comment if you are not getting the caution buzzer you should check the wiring

also there are 5 sensors that provide input to the ECM that in turn regulates the IAC valve
    you should check that all the sensors are functioning if the IAC valve is not doing what it is supposed to be doing
    Art

Comment

Yes I have a Manual, I've tried the reset numerous times like you've described.
      I'll start looking at sensors next?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by johnoat View Post
        Yes I have a Manual, I've tried the reset numerous times like you've described.
        I'll start looking at sensors next?
        Thanks
        '''''''''''''Have you touched the throttle position switch for any reason, sounds like the signal voltage to the engine computer is to high and the computer thinks the throttle is open and it wont allow iac idle air adjustment.
        In the earlier engines if the closed throttle position switch was open instead of closed same deal won't allow adjustment.
        That's probably the reason the engine is idling low, why did you change the valve.

Comment

What was the reason you replaced the IAC valve

Comment

Motor would not stay running in neutral when I was out about 10 miles, it would run for about three seconds and die so I would get it going and slam it in gear to get home, not really good for the motor!

Comment

I am trying to rest my idle to 700 rpm. When I attempt to move from on to start while the engine is running, the starter engages. Probably something simple, and I will probably feel stupid when someone answers. Please help. Have the service manual. Don’t know what else to do.

Comment

I have been trying to get my 2016 df250 into iac fixed mode but it does not seem to work. I never get the buzzer and the computer is showing the iac is not fixed at 30%. Not sure what I am missing on the procedure. I start the engine, let it warm up, shift into gear then Back to neutral. I turn the key to start 5 times but nothing happens. Any idea what I am I missing? I also see the manual says to fully close throttle, is there something I need to do for the throttle to be fully closed? What should the TPS be showing for this procedure to work?

any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X