Gray wire no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray wire no power

Hi all. I have a suzuki dt 150 ,when i turn on the key no fuel pump cycle or power to gauges. There is power to the white wire,but no power to gray wire. If I jump power from battery to gray wire engine starts and runs like normal. Any sugestions? I have replaced the key switch panel as well. Engine is a 2006. Thanks

Check the kill switch.
    Did you buy new in 2006?
    Do you have a wiring schematic, the suzuki service manual has one, if you have the manual?

Post back when able.

Comment

read the “sticky” re white wire
      the bottom of the post talks about the gray wire
      Art

Comment

Solarman I have replaced key switch panel Suzuki part #37100-96j24. Is the gray wired fed power from the key switch or from the ecm?

Comment

I have by passed white wire, same results,no power at gray wire. Also checked grounds, all clean.Any ideas, I have read WW stickie .

Comment

Do you have the suzuki service manual for your motor? Look at the wiring schematic for the gray wire. I thought the gray went from key to kill switch, then back to motor.
            Did you check kill switch?
            Di you have your manual?

Post back when able.

Comment

the white wire feeds the key switch
              the gray coming out of the key switch feeds everything
              if you are not getting power to the gray then it probably is the switch
              Last edited by artdf175; 06-29-2018, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I'm looking over my wiring schematic (dt140), and the only power to gray wire comes from the switch. You should get 12v on gray wire when key is turned to first position, start-ignition position, and choke position, although with EFI system (no carbs) the computer automatically does the choke function, pressing the key switch doesn't do anything (no choke solenoid).

if you have 12v on white wire to key switch, you should have 12v on gray wire when key is turned on. On my diagram, there are 2 - 25A fuses in-line (one white wire, and one white/red wire) at the side of the motor, check these two fuses also.

Good luck. But it would be better if you had your own suzuki manual for your dt150, to look at your motor wiring chart.

Post back when able to let us know what you find out.

Comment

the is the same engine I have except mine is the 175hp version Same manual for both
                  and wiring exactly as described above

the power source for the ECM comes through the white wire to the ignition switch

usually with the white wire failure you experience other failures as well

need to check the ignition switch - they are known to go bad
                  then, as suggested check the fuses
                  Art

Comment

Art this is a 2 stroke, but some wiring is the same, however the dt150 won't have all the same components.

Comment

I have cabin boat. I want to put an outside ignition switch. the problem I have is I have wired the switches as the color code wire for wire .. the outside switch only works when the inside switch is on..
                      I saw on this site where the white wire should have its own feed, What do I do with the grey wire. leave it tied into the inside switch? or what is my other choice for it?

Comment

Rognadeau you have now ask same question on two very old posts one from 2014 and now this from 2018

It is best to start a thread specific to your question.

You can use the white wire for your power to switch 2.
                        the gray wire is the wire that receives power when you turn the key to 'on'
                        Switch 2 needs to be spliced into this gray wire that goes from switch 1 back to the engine
                        Art

Comment

Working...
                        X