Suzuki Trim Tilt Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Trim Tilt Problem

My 2003 Suzuki DF115 engine only trims up halfway. I replaced the motor and still only halfway. The hydraulic fluid
    is full, this engine does not have a Micro switch.. Any ideas
    Last edited by Calm Seas; 06-28-2018, 05:13 PM.

Calm seas, are you saying that your DF115 does not have a tilt limit switch on the tilt shaft or your not aware of it?

Comment

Hello, Catacom225, It does not have one. I called Suzuki

Comment

Part number 37722-93J00 It sits on the clamp bracket shaft, someone may have bumped the cam limiter assy 48140-93J00. Just needs to be turned to set new hight limit

Comment

Originally posted by Calm Seas View Post
          Hello, Catacom225, It does not have one. I called Suzuki
          I don't know who you spoke to at Suzuki, but whoever it was needs to get a clue. Parts 18, 19, 20, & 21 in this parts diagram are all components of the tilt limit switch on your 2003 DF115. https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki.../clamp-brack

Number 18 is the cam that adjusts the up limit. You may have just wasted money on that new tilt/trim motor.
          Last edited by Harper; 06-29-2018, 08:45 PM.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I made the same mistake a few years ago, the trim limit switch was not fitted till 2004, the guy should be giving more information like the actual trim motor stops half way, or the motor still runs and the motor does not raise any more then you would know if your looking at a mechanical problem or an electrical problem.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
              I made the same mistake a few years ago, the trim limit switch was not fitted till 2004, the guy should be giving more information like the actual trim motor stops half way, or the motor still runs and the motor does not raise any more then you would know if your looking at a mechanical problem or an electrical problem.
              Okay. So the parts diagrams are wrong, huh?
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

I don't know who you spoke to at Suzuki, but whoever it was needs to get a clue. Parts 18, 19, 20, & 21 in this parts diagram are all components of the tilt limit switch on your 2003 DF115. https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki.../clamp-brack

Number 18 is the cam that adjusts the up limit. You may have just wasted money on that new tilt/trim motor.
                The 2003 Does Not have the trim limit switch

I took the hot wire direct from battery to motors blue wire still only trims 1/3 up, it does the same thing without the jumper 1/3 way up

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                  Trims down all the way,, only 1/3 up.I took the hot wire direct from battery to motors blue wire still only trims 1/3 up. It does the same thing without the jumper 1/3 up.
                  I am glad you know the 2003 does not have the trim limit switch. Appreciate any help, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

Okay. So the parts diagrams are wrong, huh?
                    Yes for the 2003 some were made without the trim limit switch, my is without

Comment

Yes for the 2003 some were made without the trim limit switch, my is without
                      They did make some with the switch later in that year, that is why there is a diagram for

Comment

Calm seas,can you be more specific, does the motor just stop @ 1/3 up or it still running and jaming up, doesn't matter how you power up the PTT motor if the PTT limit switch is set at 1/3 up its going to stop there every time. Can you confirm there is no limit switch or you relying on the parts diagram

Comment

Hi, Definitely does not have limit switch, I called Suzuki
                          and they asked for serial number on Title, also there
                          is no sign of a switch ever being there.
                          I am getting 13 volts from both batteries, motor does keep running
                          when it tilts up 1/3.
                          Thinking of the Tilt Trim pump, rebuild it or new. Wife & I have been
                          trying to locate. Any place you know to order rebuild kit?
                          Thanks for replying.

Comment

Hi, Definitely does not have limit switch, I called Suzuki
                            and they asked for serial number on Title, also there
                            is no sign of a switch ever being there.
                            I am getting 13 volts from both batteries, motor does keep running
                            when it tilts up 1/3.
                            Thinking of the Tilt Trim pump, rebuild it or new. Wife & I have been
                            trying to locate. Any place you know to order rebuild kit?
                            Thanks for replying.
                            Why didn't you say in your first post that the motor keeps running when it gets a third of the way up, then you would not have confused every one. Then you should have said that when it gets a third of the way up, the motor starts to struggle or it makes no difference in load or voltage, then people could get an understanding of whats going on. You will kick yourself if it is just the manual relief valve bypassing.

Comment

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
                              Calm seas,can you be more specific, does the motor just stop @ 1/3 up or it still running and jaming up, doesn't matter how you power up the PTT motor if the PTT limit switch is set at 1/3 up its going to stop there every time. Can you confirm there is no limit switch or you relying on the parts diagram
                              He bypassed the trim switch and put battery voltage sraight to the motor, so as long as he has battery voltage connected the motor will keep running. If it did have a limit switch, which is has not, it would make no difference. You are getting confused, the limit switch has nothing to do with the oparation of the motor, it just opens the circuit with the trim button.

Comment

Working...
                              X