DF70 IAC Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 IAC Valve

I've had the 3-1 code which is the IAC valve alarm come up on my 2006 DF70 Suzuki and was wandering if anyone has ever taking the valve off and cleaned to repair? If so what's a recommended cleaner?

I reviewed my manual last night re cleaning the IAC valve and does not address this issue.

my thinking would lead me to cleaning it was something that does not leave a residue. as it controls an air passage, any residue might collect dust etc out of the air ..

you might try clicking on the search button on this page.. do advanced search and use key words IAC Valve..

art..

Comment

DF70 IAC Valve

I took the IAC valve off and cleaned but no luck, I have a new one on the way now. Will update with the results once I replace it, I'm hoping this will take care of the issue.

Comment

IAC valve

I had a similar issue with my 140, replaced the Valve but error code was still there. It wasn't until I went through the RESET Air Idle procedure that code was canceled . Not sure if the two are related but just something to look out for

Comment

I installed the new IAC valve and same issue, how do I reset the air idle?

Comment

I spoke with a service tech this morning and he said that when installing a new IAC valve you need to reset it with the by pass air screw, so I'll be trying that this evening. Will update with the results.

Comment

IAC valve

You should be able to find this ifo on the net, The df140 adjustment says to turn the idle screw anticlockwise and increase RPM to over 1000RPM [ a digital tachometer is needed for accuracy ] an alarm will sound, now set RPM to recommended setting,once you are satisfied, lift the idle lever at the control box to over 1000rpm to cancel the warning alarm. I did this and error code was removed

Comment

I can't get the motor to fire at all to even set the rpm or clear the code. I pulled one of the plugs and noticed a good bit of fuel on the plug and wander if the motor could possibly be flooded? By the IAC being out of adjustment, is that possible for it to throw the air/fuel ratio off enough to flood it out?

Comment

Use the warm up leaver to open the throttle a little and let the engine get some air, the iac has forgotten how much air it was bypassing and there is probably a bit if build up behind the throttle plate. If this is the case when your cranking the engine the ecu is injecting fuel for a cold start and there is not enough air to ignite the fuel. Get some petrol on a rag or some carby cleaner and open the throttle and clean the throttle plate, when the engine warms up slowly bring the warm up leaver back down and make sure the throttle is closed. If the idle is under 1000 rpm turn the idle air screw anti clockwise till you get over 1000 rpm leave it there and after 10 seconds the horn will blow, telling you it is fixed at 15% duty cycle, then turn the screw in till you get around 650 rpm. If the engine sounds alright move the warm up leaver till the engine revs increase this will have opened the closed throttle switch and you should be right, providing you have not got an existing problem with the engine.

Comment

I've tried moving the warm up throttle forward while cranking but still no luck. I haven't tried cleaning the throttle plate yet. I took the top spark plug out just being curious and noticed a good bit of fuel on the tip. Could the plugs be filed out too?

Thanks for the advice!
                    Last edited by UwharrieAngler86; 03-31-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Check the ristance of the temp sensor it might be too high and the ecu is injecting to much fuel

Comment

IAC valve

If your have one out then remove them all and air the pots out, may as will try to see if there's any spark, mine still ran ok with a crook IAC, It also regulates the rpm when shifting back to neutral

Comment

Ok I just put new plugs in to be safe and checked them. I am getting spark it's just not firing. What could that be? Water in the gas?

Comment

Working...
                          X