weird sound from control box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird sound from control box.

I am hearing a low fluttering sound from my buzzer in the control box. It's a 1995 DT40 Suzuki with a suzuki control box. I changed engines and it does it with both engs.. it is not loud like the low oil or eng hot warning, anybody have any thoughts as to what might be causing it , and how to diog. the problem. it does the sound when the key is on , eng running or not.
    Last edited by Rum Runner; 03-31-2016, 05:06 AM.

There was an incident about a year ago, similar? Yes, it is probably from the buzzer. But, there are many possibilities of the cause. Weak, or dirty/ loose/ poor connections, or possibly a sensor that is border-line (almost, but not quite bad). I believe the previous owner pulled and tested each of his water temp sensors, and found one that was close (but not bad). After replacing that sensor, all was well.
    Your problem can also be a conflict of ground connections? Or, maybe a pinched/ chafed wire?
    Was the noise present before changing motors? Was any work done prior to the sound?

Good luck, post back if you find anything.
    Last edited by Solarman; 03-31-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks Solarman....
      I removed the eng that was on the boat(and was making that noise, eng running or not) to install an other eng that I overhauled. So in other words two engines doing the same thing(making that low fluttering cont.sound). Could it be a warning buzzer starting to go bad? what types of sounds does a control box normally make?.... Loud intermittent beeps indicating low oil, no oil flow, overheat condition. Is there any other sounds a control box would/could sound?Thanks for any help you may offer......
      Last edited by Rum Runner; 03-31-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Then need to check if you have a problem at the buzzer. You may have something bleeding a small voltage to the buzzer causing the sound. It will have to be something connected to wiring. Unplugging one wire at a time might identify where to go next. Process of elimination method.
        Control boxes normally don't make sounds, only the buzzers.

Good luck.

Comment

Some of these motors have a water pressure alarm. When the ignition is on the buzzer will sound until the motor starts pumping water. I'm not sure if your motor has one of these or not.

Comment

Working...
          X