Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 df 70 bogging

Aloha,
    My motors run good at home on the hose but when I power up out of the harbor motor boggs for awhile then clears up after awhile and runs good the rest of the day trolling.I tried running off a portable tank instead of the main tanks and still had the problem.Seams like its worst when the boat sits for awhile.I always use non ethanol fuel and also add stabil to every fill.Really need to get this solved as the harbor I go out of gets some waves at times and really need that get up and go.I ordered new low pressure filters and will be changing those when they come in.It really seem like a fuel problem.There are no alarms and these motors have 700 hr.It was only one motor doing it but the other day both motors did it but one soon cleared up fast but the boat did not go under load for awhile only started up at home about every two weeks.All ideas will be greatly appreciated!

When were motors last serviced? One motor has done this for how long? Now you have a second motor starting this? Do you get a chance to open these motors up, and let them breath?
    Are there any qualified suzuki dealers where you're at?
    Do you always get fuel from the same location?

Post back, hopefully someone can help you, if enough info is given. Good luck.

Comment

I do my own periodic maintenance according to the manual.One motor has down this the past several times out and the second motor just did this the first time the other day out but boat was not run under load for about 7 months.I normally don't let the motors breath.There is a shop here that work on all brands of outboards including suzuki.Not sure if he is suzuki qualified but I think he is cause he did mention going to the mainland for schooling.Yes, I do get fuel from the same location.Thanks for the questions.Hope I can get some ideas

Comment

Working...
      X