Power trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power trim

I have a DT 175 on my bass boat. The trim works on the rear switch but does not work at the controls. Are there supposed to be wires going from the rear switch to the controls? In the pictures included, are the two wires coming out the rear of the controls the up and down wires? I cannot find a hot wire. Thanks.
    Attached Files

I only see one pic.

What year is your motor?
    do you have a suzuki repair manual with the wiring diagram/schematic?

are there any loose wires where the cables run?

post back when able.

Comment

It is a 1987 DT 175. No, I don’t have a Suzuki repair manual. Yes , there are two wires hanging from the rear of the controls.

Comment

I can see the two wires in the pic hanging. I'm asking if there are wires loose inside that hole the others wires run into??
        in 1994-99 my manual shows the common as Gr, then Ltbl as "up", and P as down, for remote control box.

your motor may be same, but the pic doesn't show wire colors, both look white? The Gr wire may be inside box going directly between key switch, and tilt switch, but does go back to motor (ignition switch wire).

Look inside hole in side of boat for the other loose wires, should be two. Those loose wires in side protected from sun should show more color.

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

Working...
        X