Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 ish with starting problems

Hello,

New guy here. I picked up a 1984 Lund powered by a 115 Suzuki. The idea for this boat is to turn it over to my retired/widowed father so that he can get back into fishing. I knew it would be a bit of a project, but I thought that the engines were sound (also having trouble with the Yamaha kicker, but that is a different story).

When I bought the boat, the engine started and ran with ease. I tried to take it out today, and of course it now is difficult to start.

When cold, I can't get it to start without taking the engine cowl off, and manually engaging the choke. Which wouldn't be a problem, if I didn't have to take the cowl off (actually, more of a problem for dad than fo me).

Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

A photo of the project.

Check to see if choke solenoid is working. Remove cowling, turn key to first position, then push key in. Solenoid on top carb should close all 4 butterflies at same time, if not inspect and report back.
    How long has motor been sitting up, not running?
    May need to clean carbs, if sitting too long, same possible problem with kicker if sitting too long.
    Carbs on suzuki (all 4), not difficult to clean if removed as set, then worked on one at a time.

Good luck, post back when able to let us know.

Comment

Working...
    X