Water flow issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water flow issues.

Hi all, I knew here from across the pond(UK). Recently I replaced the water pump on my DF90. On start up it takes 5 - 10 secs to achieve a weak water tell tale and at full revs the tell tale is around half height of that before the replacement . also running on ear muffs I noticed that there was water running out of the drain holes of the lower unit flanges .I decided on a second replacement figuring that I must have screwed up but still the delay and and weak tell tale pointing to a leak some where around the pump. Any thoughts.

Thanks NG

Did you replace the entire pump, housing and all (complete kit)?
    What year, and how many hours? Might give some ideas of what is happening?
    It is not unusual for water to leak out of weep holes on lower unit, did you check pressure valve, may be sticking?
    Just some thoughts.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for responding

Did not replace housing as straight edge check did not indicate any warp. Its 2005. Low hrs running estimate around 250hrs Water pump had only been replaced once before due to low hrs. Was working perfectly until impellor and gaskets change. Followed the process on "you tube ( saltwater sportsman). I used Blue hylomar on bottom(paper) gasket as the one that came off appeared to have some sort of gasket sealant on it. Lastly where is the pressure valve situated.

Comment

Working...
      X