DF-25 Just does not idle right.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF-25 Just does not idle right.!

Have you had one that drives you nuts ! Here goes, Poor idle. Have cleaned the three carbs and put kits in them, Checked the compression all had about 150 per cylinder. Checked the three coils and moved them to different cylinders, Bought a carb synchronizer and synchronized the carbs, Bought a stator, Pulled the head off and checked for bent valves and or blown head gasket. It just does not idle that good, It almost seems like it idles good just for a short time then it gets hot(1or2 minutes) Seems like it is all ways running on two cylinders ! Maybe I am wrong. also replaced the ignition pick-ups and the temp sender in the head. I live up in Minnesota so it does not have a lot of hours. Any thoughts you might have or know of a problem these motors had I would really appreciate it. Could the C/D box be bad ? Thanks a lot Steve

Did you buy it new? What year is it?

Post back a little more info please.

Good luck.

Comment

DF-25 Justdoes not idle right.!

It is a 2001 or 2002. Did not buy it new. It is on a 11 foot inflatable its whole life. it just seems like there is a miss at idle, Jumps around. Pull bottom coil wire off nothing changes. Hope this helps. Steve
      Last edited by boating1; 04-21-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know about the C/D box (Black Box). I checked this Form and I just do not see a lot about the C/D box. Do theses just do not go bad.? Just have tried every thing to get this motor to idle right and wondering if the C/D box is at fault. Steve

Comment

Working...
        X