Control compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control compatibility

I have a 1988 dt150 that that I just installed on a Seaswirl DC. It originally had an an Evinrude and currently has an OMC concealed side mount control box. The control box seems to have some alternative throttle and shifter connection locations. My question is, do you thinrk it's possible to use 3300 cables and convert to OMC on the control side and Suzuki to the motor side?
    Image 20180908 111228 in OMC control album
    Last edited by Captn Ron; 09-08-2018, 12:12 PM.

I'm not real familiar with the OMC control box, but maybe the suzuki cables will fit the OMC control box (many cables were interchangeable on the control box back then, but can't tell you for sure?). I'm guessing you have a single lever control box? If the suzuki cables will fit, the shifting and throttle were controlled by the one lever. But it still required two separate cables. Suzuki's single lever control works in the same manner as other single lever controls, with two cables. The real question is will the control end of the cables fit properly into the OMC control box, or do you have to use special adptrs for suzuki cables? Also, check the motor side of the omc cables, could they work on your 1988 motor? They might sell control cables for the OMC box for suzuki motors?

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X