2005 DF60 idle adjustment triggers beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF60 idle adjustment triggers beeping

I needed to lower the idle speed on a DF60 so I found the factory procedure and followed it correctly. After running the motor for 30 minutes it started beeping every few seconds. I spoke with a repair shop and they advised me to just repeat the procedure so I did with same results. I have now repeated the procedure several times and the last time it took over an hour of running before the beeping started again. What would be causing this to happen?

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...agnostic-codes

Which code are you getting? Narrow down your troubleshooting.

Comment

I don't have the monitor-tachometer so how do I determine which code is beeping?

Comment

Count beeps listening for a short gap between the beeps, For example you might have “x” beeps followed by a brief pause then “y” beeps. X and Y equal number of beeps.

Comment

It was just a single beep. I didn't time it but we estimate about 5-7 seconds between beeps. I can go out and hookup earmuffs to water if you need a precise time.

Comment

If it was my engine then yes, I would start it up and listen carefully for the sequence of beeps. By determining the code the engine is throwing your troubleshooting should be narrowed down based on the code.

Comment

Sorry this took so long but it is a single beep every 5 seconds.

Comment

Change oil reminder??? Best wait and see what the real experts suggest. Engine running okay, no performance issues?

Comment

Engine runs fine. The beeping only started after I started adjusting the idle speed so how does that have anything in common with Change Oil Reminder? Also every time I readjust the idle the beeping quits only to resume after a variable period of time.

Comment

how many hours on the engine?
                    when was the last time you changed the oil?
                    Did you reset the oil change reminder !
                    the engine is programmed for the oil change reminder every 100 hours- after the last time it was reset
                    the single beep every 5 seconds
                    Art

Comment

Thank you. I will perform an oil change and reset reminder beep. Am I correct in pulling the kill switch 3 times within 10 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJ View Post
                        Engine runs fine. The beeping only started after I started adjusting the idle speed so how does that have anything in common with Change Oil Reminder? Also every time I readjust the idle the beeping quits only to resume after a variable period of time.
                        Nothing, if it is the oil change reminder then it’s just coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJ View Post
                          Thank you. I will perform an oil change and reset reminder beep. Am I correct in pulling the kill switch 3 times within 10 seconds?
                          You are correct

Comment

Working...
                          X