Leaking tilt cylinder df300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking tilt cylinder df300

My tilt cylinder for my df300 leaks pink hydraulic oil from the piston. The engine “tilt” down over night if I leave it up.I assume a broken o-ring. From what I can see the hold assembly should be possible to remove and overhaul. Does anyone have some tips on how to proceed? Do I need any special tools? Should I leave the whole assy to a workshop or try to do it myself? I see that there are spare cylinders for sale on the net for like 500 dollars. Is replacing the way to go? Seems very expensive if it’s only the o-ring.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fredrik; 01-13-2019, 02:25 PM.

Not sure I'd buy anything like that used?

I'm also not sure what the replacement seal & piston assembly for your unit costs, they do make that whole assy, but they probably don't sell the individual seals and parts. With the special wrench for the top, the piston unscrews, replacement is easy with the manual to guide you. You may have to top the fluid off a few times till just right, but don't overfill.

If the local dealer would replace it for $50-$75, plus the price of the part it might be worth letting them do it. But normally they like to double the part price, and if that isn't enough, they might add a service charge.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. So I need a special wrench to unscrew the piston? I suppose I need to also buy the service manual to be able to see how it's done? I wasn't planning to buy the part used but I seen it on ebay etc unused (new). The thing is that my local Suzuki service point is famous for being expensive and unserviceminded so I rather do it myself if possible since I know that involvning them will cost alot money, take time and there is a high risk they don't even bother to do it. Could you Point me in the right direction for buying the service manual, spare part and special Tools? Is there any good website to use?

Comment

Well you can either buy from this site (at bottom "Buy Suzuki Parts" - boats.net), look up your motor, find your part. If not sure call the phone number for assistance.

You can also get the part from browns point
        https://www.brownspoint.com and they also have phone assistance.

Suzuki manuals can be purchased from either location.

​​​​​​​Good luck.

Comment

Ok so I bought the service manual and the oring set. Found a tool that fit the wholes normally used for unscrewing something else se. Demounted the piston from the engine and tried to unscrew the cylinder top. Couldn’t move it.looked it up in the documents and it’s attached with 310nm. So my little handheld tool will never manage to unscrew it. Now I have a local welder make me a special tool with a one meter long shaft. Hopefully this solves the problem

Comment

Working...
          X