Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 DF150 Low Pressure Fuel Pump Rotate Crankshaft No 1 Cylinder to Top Dead Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF150 Low Pressure Fuel Pump Rotate Crankshaft No 1 Cylinder to Top Dead Center

My Low Pressure Fuel pump is leaking and therefore needs replacement. The DF150 manual cautions against installing without rotating the crankshaft to position Cynlinder # 1 to Top Dead Center. I am having a difficult time finding any resources on how to accomplish this task. Not listed in the manual unless i missed it somehow. Is there a resource that might exist online to demonstrate? Does this require special tools besides spark-plug socket? Thanks for any help in advance. Mark
    Topdeadcenter.jpg

Read my answer in your other thread.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

But if you're still concerned, just observe the position of the fuel pump cam (old pump removed) as you turn the crankshaft by hand (in the proper direction, counter-clockwise as viewed from the top). If you can't see it well enough to determine its position, use a plastic straw or similar probe to ascertain where the lobe is. You should be near the lowest position of the cam lobe (probe farthest in). That's the position you want when you install the new pump.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks so much. I am hoping it is a smooth install. It’s hard to visualize your instructions until I start the install. I just ordered the parts with new o ring. I might try to record the process and post to YouTube. Again, I appreciate all of your help.

Comment

You can also line up the timing marks on the flywheel & pointer on top front of engine & then your tdc or 180* out. If fuel pump lifts off its seat when you remove the bolts, turn the flywheel 1 more revolution.

Comment

Replaced the fuel pump just a little while ago. I noticed on the top of the fly wheel there are numbers notched on the top with one of the marks noted at T1. I rotated counterclockwise aligning that mark with the arrow on the flywheel cover. I was guessing this was set up to position the cam with the lobe. So next I removed the fuel pump slowly which essentially released the plunge. I replaced the o-ring and position the new pump so the cam was touching the lobe. No real choice, but turned the bolts alternating so pump went on evenly therefore plunging the pump in. Hooked every thing up and turned it over with no leaks. Engine ran great. I am guessing if i did something wrong, it would not have turned over. At least I hope.

Comment

Should have read the post above, & it don't really mater as you fund out. Just easier if you don't have to compress the pump spring with the bolts. Less chance for a cluster.
              Have a good one!

Comment

Working...
              X