03 johnzuki140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 johnzuki140

2003 Johnzuki 140 ( thats the four stoke DT 140 with Johnson decals)
    Noticed a blond streak of oil trailing down from my water pick up cover.
    Went out. Rev limiter holding me to 2900 rpms. No oil touching the dip stick. OK, so I did an oil change and filter, it had only three quarts of oil, but suppose to hold six. Did the lower unit oil too, it was black, no water in it. So I know it wasn't the 80/90 oil running down the Lower unit.

On the muff, it wont Tach up past 2900. Checked oil pressure switch, its not leaking, is grounded when off, When cranked it opens. Sending unit good.
    Checked the temp sensor on top of power head. Resistance seams good. Opens when heated.

Reset ECM oil change by kill switch?????
    My boat does not have a kill switch on the ignition key. The dash decals shows it, but this ignition key doesnt have it. And I dont find extra wires underneath for one. Remember its a Johnzuki. My Seloc manual for Suzukis shows the wiring harness having 8 wires, on green one for the kill switch. Mine doesnt have a green wire.

Any suggestion how to reset the oil change timer and clear the rev limiter?
    I think the blond steak is the bottom crank seal?

The oil change reminder has nothing to do with the revs being limited to 2900. Separate issue.

Most common cause of revs being limited to 2900 is a faulty, stuck or broken neutral throttle switch on the engine. This causes the ECU to believe thatbthe engine is still in neutral when in fact it is in gear, and it theredore limits rpm to about 2900.

Comment

Thanks. I check it. And lube it. Or replace it.
      Does the ECM reset and clear itself. I'm not getting any check engine codes.
      I'm disappointed it didn't send me a low oil warning.

Comment

The engine wont rev more than 3000rpm while it is in neutral, the only way it will let you know low oil if it looses pressure and the switch contacts close and the revs are limited to 3000rpm.

Comment

Thanx for your responses. So how do I reset the oil change clock without a kill switch? Do these models have issues with the lower seals. I knew about the steel plug in the exhaust housing and have already replaced it with the" **** PLUG".

Comment

Working...
          X