DF6 stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6 stalls

I have lightly used DF6. While using external tank the engine will stall after a few minutes of running but will immediately restart on the first pull. I have the choke all the way in, motor is peeing, bulb on fuel tank is firm. I can go a little faster than idle without any issues but as soon as I try to give it more power the engine slows down and stops. Ideas/thoughts???????

How old is your fuel?

Comment

I purchased on the way to cg, about 3 days ago.
      Once the wind dies down in a couple of days I will try using the internal tank and see if it has the same effect.

Comment

Carb needs to be cleaned. See this all the time. Passages are blocked. Remove the carb and soak it for 20 minutes in a good cleaner. If possible, use an ultrasonic cleaner after that. Then use compressed air to blow out all the passages. Re-assemble the carb and put it back. Is an easy job. No special tools required.
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Thanks Hoosmatroos, I will give that a try. I was just going to post that yesterday I put the engine in neutral and rev'd it up a few times, worked fine, put it back in gear and it started to stall. Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, that is one of the symptoms. No load it will rev, with load it dies.
            Regards, Martin
            DF200 2007

Comment

Thanks. I am looking for a instructions or video for removing carb, no luck so far.

Comment

This website sells service manuals. These genuine Suzuki service manuals are kind of pricey but well worth the money. First job you do yourself will pay for the manual.

Comment

Working...
                X