Pre-rigging a new engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-rigging a new engine

Working on a outboard conversion on a old Osprey 26. Pulled the old seized diesel and outdrive and having Dwayne Mackey fabricate of PDR Marine (http://www.pooderbuilt.com/) fabricate a new outboard bracket. Dwayne builds these for Seasport, Osprey and others as well as custom one offs. Anyway, just ordered a DF350A for this build from my local dealer and sourced the control package from boats.net ($4000) as this is a dual station setup. Was hoping the controls and display would come with some install instruction... nothing but cutout templates in the boxes. Could use a wiring diagram at a minimum as not all the plugs appear to be utilized and not all the wire colors match up. I understand that there might be a rigging manual? I've ordered the service manual ($90 and not currently available from boats.net) but, I also understand service manual does not cover rigging.

Can anyone help out with a digital copy of the rigging manual? I live on a island and will be prepping the boat for the new engine here on the island and then when all controls are in, I'll take the boat on a ferry to the mainland to have them hang the engine. Any and all help appreciated, I'm on a tight budget so, can't afford to have the dealer install the controls on this old boat that needs lots of customization (i.e. filling in the old dash panel that currently looks like swiss cheese from all the old Volvo gauges and lots of glass work.

Thanks!

I found a rigging manual for my Suzuki (2009 DF 90A) on line, no help to you. Perhaps your dealer would supply you with a PDF copy? It’s not like you haven’t spent a few dollars at his/her establishment.

Comment

Working...
    X