Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed new Battery now I have a Clicking Sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed new Battery now I have a Clicking Sound??

I installed a new Battery (Kirkland Deep Cycle) on my boat. Its exactly the same as the old one I havd which worked fine, it was just a little old. I have a Suzuki DF140 and the motor cranks just fine. Problem is I have a "clicking" sound, almost like a relay at my console near the fuse box. the clicking sound also occurs wheh the ignition is turned and happens every 5 seconds or so. Any insight as to why this might have happened when all I did was swap a battery?

How loud is it?

Could it be your hour meter going out? I know my hour meter makes a clicking sound at times.
    How loud is the sound?

Comment

Does the beeper work as well............ do you have any flashing light on engine check ?

Comment

the beeper works fine no flashing light on the engine check. Just a click that happens every 5 seconds. Also everytime it 'clicks' all the electronics flash,like they lose power for that split second....

Comment

carge your battery ad check that the white wire is on the battery
          HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

clicking meter

Originally posted by Arnold Akau View Post
            I installed a new Battery (Kirkland Deep Cycle) on my boat. Its exactly the same as the old one I havd which worked fine, it was just a little old. I have a Suzuki DF140 and the motor cranks just fine. Problem is I have a "clicking" sound, almost like a relay at my console near the fuse box. the clicking sound also occurs wheh the ignition is turned and happens every 5 seconds or so. Any insight as to why this might have happened when all I did was swap a battery?
            my Suzuki 150 hrs gauge is doing the same thing did you figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold Akau View Post
              the beeper works fine no flashing light on the engine check. Just a click that happens every 5 seconds. Also everytime it 'clicks' all the electronics flash,like they lose power for that split second....
              It sounds like the relay is dropping out, find which relay it is and check for voltage drop on the supply and ground.

Comment

Working...
              X