Df70 no oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df70 no oil pressure

I have a 2001 df70. While fishing my oil light and buzzer sounded. I loaded the boat and checked the oil, all ok. Got home and tested the pressure sensor, tests ok. I then purchased a pressure tester and installed it in the sensor location. I started the engine and it went to 40lbs for 5 to 10 seconds then flatlined. I then noticed that there was a small oil leak at a bolt in the bottom of the water outlet. The book calls it an oil stopper. I unscrewed it and could feel a slotted rod that moves in there, is that the oil pump rod? My book does not cover any part of the oil pump repair, and I have had no luck finding any information on how to fix the oil pump on line. If anyone can give advice or information on how to repair my motor i would be great full.

Was the oil pump stopper loose when you unscrewed it, if it was then it might have just dropped low enough for the oil pump drive rod to stop driving the pump, if it was tight you might have a problem.

Comment

more questions

Yes, the plug was loose, but not drop down loose. So, that rod in side is the oil pump rod? If so then something must be wrong because the rod pushes up and down. I can grab the rod with pliers and it moves about 1/2 inch up and down. Is the rod supposed to move? If the oil pump is bad, do I have to pull the power head to fix it?:confused?

Comment

Working...
      X