Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMIS NMEA2000 and DF150 problem

Good morning
    In 2015 I bought a DF150 and in 2016 I built the nmea2000 network to see the engine data on my Lowrance HDS gen 3.
    A year of hell between visits under warranty, diagnosis on the engine since the engine occasionally went into a crisis during the week, as if it were three-cylinder. The diagnoses revealed no anomalies. 2017 I removed everything that connected me to the engine and ... no problem! 2018 I didn't have the courage to try again to connect SMIS and everything went well without any problem. This spring I take courage, I rewire the network wires well, reconnect the SMIS interface, isolate all the connectors well, but one day .... I redo the defect. When I returned to storage I disconnect the SMIS with version 3.5 and now I am desperate and write here.
    Some idea ? Someone with the same problem?
    Greetings to the reader.

Assuming that you have the network set up correctly, I suspect that you may have a faulty engine interface cable. A bad cable can send fault signals etc back to the engine and cause problems.

Have you tried to use a different interface cable? There is a new software version released this year that is an improvement too.

The cable you would need if you want to risk spending the money is this one:

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...5-38p71395.htm

Comment

I also think it is a defective cable, I was trying to recover the seller's store where I bought it in 2016. Only a strangeness I noticed on mine there are ferrites in both terminals, which I don't see in the link you have mandate. Thanks Moonlighter for your reply

Comment

here is a photo of the product similar to mine. Why are they different?

Comment

Yours is the old model cable. That is another possible reason that you have had problems - because that cable is also most likely running the wrong software for your engine year. But even then it shouldnt cause the engine faults. I still think it may be faulty.

The other possibility is that the SDS adapter cable may be wired incorrectly. You didn’t say, but I assume that you are also running anaolgue gauges, and therefore have the adapter cable plugged into the SDS port on the engine?? Is that correct? (I have seen reports of a number of incorrectly wired adapter cables.) at the botom of this post I have detailed the correct wiring connections for the SDS adapter cable on a 2015 motor, should be the same for yours.

I recommend that you replace the cable with the new one as per the link I posted. Below is a link to the official Suzuki software page. It shows images of the old vs new cables there and shows the correct software versions for engines and gauges.

http://ww2.lowrance.com/Suzuki

Make 100% sure your network cabling is set up correctly.

It should be like this: (TR stands for terminating resistor), with the number of T’s depending on how many devices are attached to the network.

TR-T-T-T-T-T-TR

Devices must only be plugged into the vertical leg of the T’s, never to the cross part at the top. Power should be connected to a T close to the centre of the cluster of T’s. Make sure there is only 1 power supply to the network.

SDS ADAPTER CABLE WIRING

If you want to make your own SDS adapter cables for non AP motors, this is the wiring arrangement.
          SDS connector wire color | SDS function | matching interface cable connector wire color

B/Bl (black with blue stripes) | +12V | red

B (black) | ground | black

Or/Y (orange with yellow stripes) | PC communication line (A) | white |

The Y (yellow) | PC communication line (B) | not connected

Comment

Hi, try answer pont to point ...

I have an old cable SMIS ok (I tray to buy a new one), software 3.5 is correct for my 2015 DF150 (also SDS adapter) infact I see correct information and item on my Lowrance HDS Gen3 (I still want to check the cable SDS adaptor).

I have analog trim, so one connector on SMIS interface is disconnected.

You are really kind in giving me time, now I think I'll take a week if not more to buy and control everything (my boat isn't near me)

Bye bye

Comment

update
              we are in the middle of the season and all the mechanics are busy, I managed to finally order the cable you recommended that is not in Italy. A few more weeks and we'll know if the problem was the cable

Comment

Well, after about 12 hours of navigation from the installation of the new cable you recommended Moonlighter, everything works regularly. So either it was a defective or incompatible cable for some reason.
                I take this opportunity to thank you again, you were decisive in the decision to make this last attempt and buy another SMIS interface (new)
                Bye bye, happy New Year

Comment

Working...
                X