No announcement yet.

df115 4-2 fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

input screen high pressure fuel pump. The screens you spoke of on the injectors, is that on the input side or the output side, 4 small holes?
    Attached Files

Comment

I noticed the rubber seal between the vst halves does not stand proud above top of bowl half, does that need replaced as well??
      Blew through high pressure fuel filter no restrictions at all.

Comment

bowl of vst had hardly any crud in bottom of bowl.

Comment

If you haven't split the grommet when removing the pump, fuel will blow straight back into the chamber loosing most of the fuel pressure, the little filter baskets sit inside the top of the injector inlet.
          They are a prick to remove and you damage them getting them out so they have to be replaced. If the engine was running fine, just hard to start the problem is pointing towards the split grommet.

Comment

Il going to order the rubber grommet. With 745 hrs would it be best to change the pump as well or should it last quite a bit longer?

Comment

Ordered bushing and gaskits from boat.net. I should know next week how the repair went and ill let you know. Thanks bunches for your expertise and assistance. made my first visit to this forum 100% positive cause of folks like you!

Comment

Reassembled everything with all new seals and gaskits boat starts easily and runs great (on land anyway!) Thanks Red (thats my grandpas name too) for all the great help you gave me. Hopefully other folks can benefit from this post as well. CHEERS..

Comment

Working...
                X