Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard Query ( Distracted moment )

Hi All.

Yesterday went into the marina and by a moment of distraction ( loading fishing gear , fuel etc ) had my suzuki DF115A tilted full out of the water, and by accident i started motor out of water. As soon as i heard not the usual noise ( motor was out of water ) i turned key off so i assume it was on for only 5 seconds or 10 seconds maximum. I know its not a good thing but Do you think i made some form of damage to the motor, or i compromised the impeller? Will change impeller next season. Motor was in neutral, maximum 10 seconds.

I don't think so. Unless engine has not been run on water in a long time, it's possible the impeller blades were damaged but I doubt it. Do you have a water pressure gauge? Put it back in the water and fire it up, make sure it's peeing and you should be good. Keep eye on gauge if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Karnic View Post
      Hi All.

Yesterday went into the marina and by a moment of distraction ( loading fishing gear , fuel etc ) had my suzuki DF115A tilted full out of the water, and by accident i started motor out of water. As soon as i heard not the usual noise ( motor was out of water ) i turned key off so i assume it was on for only 5 seconds or 10 seconds maximum. I know its not a good thing but Do you think i made some form of damage to the motor, or i compromised the impeller? Will change impeller next season. Motor was in neutral, maximum 10 seconds.
      Loud ain't it. 10-15 seconds will not hurt anything.

Comment

Working...
      X