No announcement yet.

Suzuki DF300 - running rough-stumbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something I learned on here. there is a fuel connecter coming out of the tank and one going into the motor, both of which can be clogged with gooey white stuff from ethanol gas that sits for a while. i replaced the one out of the tank with a straight thru connector and the one going into the motor housing.. ran a can of seafoam in a small tank with gal of gas thru the motor. All was fine after that. hope this may help, gl

Comment

Wanted to update that I finally resolved the issue. Not sure specifically what fixed the problem but I think it was stale fuel/ water contamination that was causing issues. I ended up pulling vst apart again and reached the hp pump bushing. It had swollen to probably 2x the original size. . I also drained The fuel rails and flushed the fuel system best I could And used drag non ethanol fuel and some heet water remover. Thanks Murray for all the help

went ahead and did some other routine maintenance (water pump , spark plugs, cleaned throttle body and replaced anodes)

ran today and it did perfect.
      Last edited by jeffro22; 05-29-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear. I’m a huge fan of non ethanol fuel for all my engines especially the ones that sit for prolonged periods.

Comment

Working...
        X