DT65 Choke wire need to be connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT65 Choke wire need to be connected

I have a 1986 DT65 and its choke wire is not hooked up. the wire is orange and I cant find where it goes to. If you can help that would be great. it goes to the side with the oil tank is this correct. I have plans but it does not show where it goes.

I'm not sure where your choke on motor is located. Do you have a choke solenoid connected to all of your carbs, tied to each carb by linkages? If yes, and if that wire is for the choke, it should go to that solenoid.

Post back as able, good luck.

Comment

The choke ties in to a linkage for all three carbs. There is a orange wire going from the choke to the port side of the motor. Does it hook up to the orange wire coming off the WIRING HARNESS ASSEMBLY?

Comment

Yes... When you turn the ignition key on, and then push it in, the solenoid should energize and close the choke plates.

Comment

Thank you that worked.

The Oil Assembly is a dual float but I don't have a cable for the second cable. What should I do with it?

Comment

Take a look for another connecter coming off of the wiring harness, I suppose someone could have swapped your dual float for a single. Is the monitor gauge hooked up and functioning properly?

Are you rewiring a motor?

Comment

Yes the monitor is working correctly. I just got this boat and the old owner did not know much about engines. I think the assembly was replaced and he got what he was able to buy. As the single float is not available.

Comment

It's a good motor, if it's running well with a strong stream from the tell-tale, I would just say enjoy the rest of the season. Over the winter I would service the water pump, clean the carbs, and change the gearcase oil.
                Last edited by mphelle8vld; 08-12-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you, I am sure I will have more questions. you have been a great help!

Comment

Working...
                  X