Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new day, new problem.... dt150 high pressure fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new day, new problem.... dt150 high pressure fuel pump?

so i got to the lake today and had a hard time getting the engine running. so after racking my brain i notice when i turn the key to the ON position i didnt hear the fuel pump running for the few seconds it normally does. got the boat home and removed the oil tank and had my girlfriend turn the key to the ON position. the pump seemed like it would struggle for 1-2 second if i tapped on it with screw driver. the wires going to the pump read 12.1 for 3-4 seconds when the key is switched on then drops to 0.9. and hangs around 10v when cranking over. im wanting to narrow this down before spending $300-$400 on something i don't need.

Thanks, Ryan

also worth noting, its a 1999 dt150 efi

i do hear a audible "click" coming from the ECM.

the pump i am referring to is 15100-49400

Comment

Maybe someone with more experience with DT models can reply
      But I would start with taking the high pressure pump out and check the filter and then while it is out wire it and test run it.
      If it has not been out for 20 years I might suspect a dirty filter.
      A service manual will help on the how to's if you don't have one.
      Art

Comment

Rysnls, stop creating new threads on the same motor. We can not search the history of your motor everytime we need to see what has been done.

You are creating new problems for us by starting new threads on this same motor.

If you want help? Then use ONE thread for all your problems with this same motor.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X