Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX RPM ON 150's ?

Good day all,
    Sorry for such a duhhh question but what RPM should I be looking for at WOT for a pair of 2016 150's on a older 26 Twin Vee?
    They are brand new engines and just ran them up to Full throttle for the first time after the initial 10 hours and only reached 5250 RPMs. Currently have 3x16x20 Suzuki SS props. I was thinking I should get closer to 6000 RPM and would like to be better informed when I go back to the dealer for prop swap.

Many Thanks

J

Yes, you want to get to 6000rpm. Where you are now is not good, lugging the engine! It will perform much, much better, hole shot, midrange and fuel economy will be better when you get it to 6000 at WOT.

Comment

Yep, my 150 came with a 3x16x18½ prop. Just right on my 20'.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks guys . I will run them up one more time to make sure and then I will ask for smaller props.

Comment

Not a 150 but a new 115. I first tried a 14x21 and it ran 5900rpm with a really light load and calm flat water. With a full load and a slight chop it would only go 5400rpm. I went with a 14x19 and is now back up to 5800. So I guess what they claim is true. 1" of pitch is 200rpm.

Comment

Wilbur, is that a stainless prop? I run a 14 x 20 Suzuki stainless on my DF115 and it runs 6150rpm at wot, light, and 6000 loaded.

Comment

I have a 3x16x18.5 if you are looking to buy/trade.
              Last edited by LPowers; 08-08-2016, 07:42 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                Wilbur, is that a stainless prop? I run a 14 x 20 Suzuki stainless on my DF115 and it runs 6150rpm at wot, light, and 6000 loaded.
                No its aluminum. One of them Rubex props. Under a 100 with the hub kit.
                Doesnt your rev limit come on an shut it down?

Comment

Nope, rev limit doesnt cut in until about 6400.

You will get much better performance from a stainless prop...... Better grip, better hole shot, better crusie speed.

Comment

I know but too expensive for me. Plus if I went with stainless on the first one it would of been 300 wasted. Now I have 2 props for 180bucks

Comment

Hi all, I have just installed a 2020 DF 150 on my boat and yesterday I tried full throttle and the max is rpm is 4900-5000 bring out 30-31 knots. Any advice from you guys? Is this ok or should I change a smaller prop?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Lim View Post
                        Hi all, I have just installed a 2020 DF 150 on my boat and yesterday I tried full throttle and the max is rpm is 4900-5000 bring out 30-31 knots. Any advice from you guys? Is this ok or should I change a smaller prop?
                        There is a Sticky on the home page re engine height, well worth the read.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...the-right-prop

Comment

Yes 5000 is bad, you are lugging the engine. You need to get 6000 or close to it.

Have a read of that sticky thread, it has all the answers for you there, as this is a quite common question asked by lots of people.

Comment

Ok thank you very much guys

Comment

Working...
                            X