DT140 neutral switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT140 neutral switch

Hello all I am having a little trouble locating the Neutral Switch in the motor I have a 98 Suzuki DT140 EFI and I have been having the problem when I reach 3,000 rpm it will beep and say rev limit if anyone has had this problem or knows what I should do next please let me know thanks in advance!

It can vary by the year of the motor. The 96 year motor indicates the rev limit (3k rpms) and beep tell you the oil filter is blocked/ not flowing. But In 97 the rev limit and beep usually includes the oil light for oil flow. The rev limit at 3k rpms means there is a problem that limits running to 3k rpms (fix the problem, the light should go out, no more limit.). If another light is flashing then the area of concern is the flashing light?

It is possible in 98, it could be batt voltage low? We can't tell without the proper year service manual (for the 98 motor)?

Do you have a Suzuki service manual for your motor?

Good luck, post back on what you have.

Comment

I need to order a Manuel I don’t know where to buy one or which one to buy we will be trying to figure out the problem this afternoon a Suzuki technician had said 90% it will be that switch and he said the switch in the motor should be on the linkage but I do not see it anywhere

Comment

I didn't have neutral switchs on my two 99 year dt 140's. But my manual only covers to '97. Most of the Suzuki techs today are only familiar with the 4 stroke motors, not the dt's.

I do know from 97 up the monitor has a check engine light, if you turn your key to the first position (not start, just on), the check engine light may flash a special code. If continuously on batt voltage is low. If it flashes, it will flash a 2 digit code. Everytime the key is turned on the 2 digit code flashes until the problem is repaired.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

I will try that when I get home this afternoon also what Manuel should I buy I see a workshop service Manuel and a service repair Manuel? Thanks

Comment

You can try boats.net above to locate a Suzuki service manual, or go to browns point which is what i looked up. It covers 1986 to 2000 years.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...l-73p63865.htm

Good luck, post back on what you do.

Comment

Working...
            X