Hit a rock and now have a 3-3 code on the port engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit a rock and now have a 3-3 code on the port engine

The water was a little cloudy today so I hit this big rock with the port engine while at idle speed. I have twin 2017 DF 300's. I knew the rock was there but that is another story. It killed the engine and now that engine is showing a 3-3 error code and won't start. There is no visible damage to the prop or lower unit. What next?

The 3-3 code is a Neutral safety switch problem. I would check for a bad connection or switch out of adjustment.

Jim

Comment

Here is an update. The shift rod was bent. Eight weeks later and three parts orders later I think I have all the parts necessary to fix it. Here is a video of the bent shift rod and all the parts needed to replace it: https://youtu.be/_ZYZ-kOPKpw

Comment

Good video!! too bad about all the parts B/S.

Comment

If the rock hit the prop: do you have an SS or alu prop ?

Cheers,
          V.

DF115A - Jeanneau Merry Fisher 605

Comment

Did you order the parts based on model year or Serial Number? I'd be really pissed off if i got the wrong parts based on S/N.

Comment

Also, along the same line of question for the parts. Did you buy them here? Parts I have ordered here have always been perfect, even upgraded to the revision, which fit.
              Briscoe

Comment

Working...
              X