Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 DF15, setting timing after valve seat repair. I need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 DF15, setting timing after valve seat repair. I need help.

I have a 2008 DF15 that needs to have the head repaired and it has been removed from the engine. I'm kind of schlepping through this myself since the local dealer wrecked head and basically told me to dump the motor. They put new plugs in, and somehow introduced a small piece of metal in the combustion chamber and it hammered the valve seats, the piston head. I gave them $300 to repair and do an oil change on a working motor and they gave me back a motor that never started. They say it ran great, but then I asked them to change the plugs, they did, but did not run it again after. But its not their fault. The piece of metal magically found itself in the engine only after it left their shop. The piece of metal that was in there looks like a small piece of a spark plug. So I got screwed by the local Suzuki dealer and I'll fix it myself or at least try

I can get it all back together for less than $100 in parts and the tools to fix the valve seats. I can clean up the piston head and hammered spots in the head, and take the valves out and lap the seats. I'd like to know the torque sequence and proper torque for the head and other bolts. Also, I have no idea how to set the timing. There is a witness mark a white paint dot on the cog wheel that turns the cam in the head. I'm not sure how to coordinate that with the position of the pistons or if there are any marks on the flywheel. Any help will be appreciated. This was a great motor a few weeks ago. Then I was told it was probably not worth fixing, now I'm going to give it a shot. Anyone who can help or recommend a good source I'd sure appreciate it.

A GENUINE Suzuki shop manual would have all that information.

Comment

Working...
    X