Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigging tube

Hey guys,
    so I was checking out the boat today and noticed my rigging tube to the motor is split about a third of the way to the motor. My question is:
    1. How much of a job is it to pull all of the wiring out that tube and redo the tube.
    2. Is there an better way than just unhooking all the wiring from the engine and stuff it all back through another rigging tube?

This is on a 2006 df300.

thanks in advance.

Isn't the rigging tube specific to your boat and not to the Suzuki motor? Seems that the harness and cabling would have to come out to replace the tube regardless of the make of the outboard. How difficult it is depends on the design of the boat itself.
    Last edited by Harper; 09-26-2019, 05:20 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
      Isn't the rigging tube specific to your boat and not to the Suzuki motor?
      Yes it is, but I'm assuming the most boats have similar rigging tubes which is the standard 2" tube.

Comment

I edited at the time you were responding.......but nonetheless, I'm not sure I would bother with the chore of replacing the rigging conduit just because it was split, unless you think the wires and cables are being damaged by exposure in the bilge or some such problem.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I used a velcro rigging tube, the same principle as the zippered ones only velcro. When I purchased the boat there was only tie straps holding the rigging together. Much neater now plus protection from UV.

Comment

Thanks for the replays. Would you happen to have a name or link to that Velcro rigging tube?

Comment

Just Google outboard rigging, T-H Marine has the zippered ones. I have seen IT guys with a velcro tube for bundling up computer wires, too small for an outboard but you might want to look at options from an electrical perspective? Have you considered the black plastic flexible corrugated wire conduit, used extensively in the auto industry, it has a split running the length of it?

Comment

See? My tube runs from the beneath the center console to the rear, under the deck. It is a flexible, coiled Sched 40 2½" PVC hose.No split, no zipper, no velcro, not the thin corrugated auto industry wire loom. Nothing like has been mentioned. If I ever saw a need to replace it, I'd have no choice but to pull the harness and all cabling. Just depends on your boat and how it is rigged and equipped. That's why I asked the original question.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

In my case I only needed 30” inches the rest is tucked up in the gunwale.

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s I’m going to be pulling all the wires and replacing the tube. I thought by now there may be some sort of easier way to go about it, but it seems like that’s not the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X